FTTF question

mskbee

We purchased FTTF for our cruise on the Breeze out of Miami in July. For those of you that have purchased FTTF what time were you able to get on the ship? I know it depends on when the ship is cleared by Customs, but just want to get somewhat of an idea from others. Our shuttle will pick us up in FLL at 11:00am and they say allow up to an hour and a half(to allow for traffic and picking up other passengers) to get to the pier. Should I ask for an earlier pick up time?

Edited by mskbee

I would get there earlier. I had FTTF on the Breeze last August, and was at the pier by 10:30 or so, and on the ship less than an hour later. I just like getting there, and getting my vacation started. I have FTTF for my upcoming cruise also, and will get to the pier around the same time, allowing for the shuttle to pick other passengers, and travel time. As a note, your luggage tag will have F2F on it, and when you give it to the porters, they will place another sticker/tag on it for FTTF/F2F, so that it gets to your cabin early. With this tag, make sure its on good, and in a visible area so that the bag is not delayed due to it being ripped off, etc..

I would ask for an earlier pick up time. That's why I don't like shuttles. We used a taxi in January so we could go when we wanted, and go directly to our ship. We went on the Liberty out of miami in January. We did get there pretty early, like 10:30. Had to wait quite a while, probably an hour. But you just never know. Out of tp canaveral we boarded at about 11:00.

I personally would want to be there no later than 10:30. We just got off the Triumph with FTTF. Got to the pier around 10:00, dropped family and luggage, then parked my car. Walked back to the terminal and going through security at 10:20. Directed to the Priority Check IN upstairs, checked in by 10:40. At 11:00 they boarded the wedding parties, then Diamond, then FTTF. 11:15 we were on the shp, and at guest services to get the balconies opened between our two cabins, then up to the room which was ready by 11:30.

Nope, 11:00 shuttle is way too late if you want to maximize the benefit of the FTTF. My opinion anyway.

We just did FTTF out if Miami in the breeze 5/23. We got to the port at 9:30 and were on board by 11:15.

The only issue we had was going thru security right before entering the gangway...our S&S cards didn't work(there were 7of us, all had the same person make our cards). We had to have security retake our pics right there as everyone passed by all of us, the head directly for guest services on the ship to have new cards printed (lest they wouldn't unlock the room). We lost about 25 minutes going thru all of that. Thought about asking for my FTTF money back.

We just did FTTF out if Miami in the breeze 5/23. We got to the port at 9:30 and were on board by 11:15.

The only issue we had was going thru security right before entering the gangway...our S&S cards didn't work(there were 7of us, all had the same person make our cards). We had to have security retake our pics right there as everyone passed by all of us, the head directly for guest services on the ship to have new cards printed (lest they wouldn't unlock the room). We lost about 25 minutes going thru all of that. Thought about asking for my FTTF money back.

I was on this sailing. Arrived at the port at 10:30 and boarded at 11:30. I think FTTF was not worth it for your group for sure. You waited longer to board than I did and paid extra.