Taking beers/drinks to your cabin?

shovelrae1959

Hi all - first time cruisers, scheduled for the Celebrity Solstice Alaskan cruise on Sept 5th. We have the premium drink package and were wondering if you can get more than one drink at a time and take it back to the cabin so we can sit on the verandah and drink them? I read a review somewhere that mentioned getting a 'bucket' of beer. If that is a special can you take it back to your cabin. Sometimes we just prefer the peace and quiet of being by ourselves over a noisy bar. Not to say that we would do this all the time, just wondering if it could be done.

thanks (so excited and looking forward to this trip!!)

Cheryl

No, with the drink package it's one drink at a time. Best you can do is take your cabin mates card with you and bring back two drinks. If you really need that bucket of beer you'll have to pay for it.

Buckets of beer are available for sale/purchase, but at full price, not available with a package for free or at discount.

What you CAN do, is go bar to bar and grab a beer at each and take back to cabin, ask cabin steward to bring an ice bucket for champagne (larger than regular ice bucket) to keep them cool and iced down.

They say there is a time limit imposed on ordering a second drink with a package, but it seems to be more like the bartenders won't re-serve you if they remember you, it doesn't appear to be "computer controlled" to lock out your card for 10 or 15 minutes, so going bar to bar should work fine. Start at Sunset bar aft, then to Ocean view cafe, then to the Reflections Lounge, then down to the pool deck bars, then to cellar masters then passport bar on S class....and voila, you have a 12 pack before you know it :-) Like Trick or Treating...

I suggest taking the celebrity beach bag they put out in cabins to hide your stash as you make your afternoon rounds to gather beers.

Some report varying attempts of bartenders requiring to open the beer, others say just ask them to leave closed as you want to take it to cabin. For guaranteed results, order Grolsch with its reclosable cap!

I did this to stock up on Evian and cokes on a prior trip...! :D

Edited by cle-guy

We would grab a few in the late morning before we were ready to be drinking .. and asked for the cap left on and it was never an issue ... so when we were on the balcony in the afternoon we had a few cold ones in the fridge so we did not have to go back and forth ... it worked really well.

Buckets of beer are available for sale/purchase, but at full price, not available with a package for free or at discount.

What you CAN do, is go bar to bar and grab a beer at each and take back to cabin, ask cabin steward to bring an ice bucket for champagne (larger than regular ice bucket) to keep them cool and iced down.

They say there is a time limit imposed on ordering a second drink with a package, but it seems to be more like the bartenders won't re-serve you if they remember you, it doesn't appear to be "computer controlled" to lock out your card for 10 or 15 minutes, so going bar to bar should work fine. Start at Sunset bar aft, then to Ocean view cafe, then to the Reflections Lounge, then down to the pool deck bars, then to cellar masters then passport bar on S class....and voila, you have a 12 pack before you know it :-) Like Trick or Treating...

I suggest taking the celebrity beach bag they put out in cabins to hide your stash as you make your afternoon rounds to gather beers.

Some report varying attempts of bartenders requiring to open the beer, others say just ask them to leave closed as you want to take it to cabin. For guaranteed results, order Grolsch with its reclosable cap!

I did this to stock up on Evian and cokes on a prior trip...! :D

I love it! Excellent idea - I'd love Trick or Treating for booze!

Just keep them out of UV light if you do this. Otherwise, they'll go bad by the time you get to your room.

You can take anything back to your cabin you want, there is no one lurking around a corner with a camera and a note pad:D

Ask your cabin steward for the ice bucket to keep whatever cold.

Now the bartender will only make, pour, or hand you one item at a time. But we have never encountered a bartender with a stop watch trimming our visits:rolleyes:

When on a package we've made it a point to stop by a bar most of the time when we're on our way back to the cabin to pick up a bottle or two of water or soda. We like to keep a supply on hand of what we'd drink in a day's time. No reason you can't do that with beers. A couple handy bars depending on your cabin location, are the Cafe al Bacio (which has full bar service), Passport bar and the bar near the port side door of the buffet.

Hi all - first time cruisers, scheduled for the Celebrity Solstice Alaskan cruise on Sept 5th. We have the premium drink package and were wondering if you can get more than one drink at a time and take it back to the cabin so we can sit on the verandah and drink them? I read a review somewhere that mentioned getting a 'bucket' of beer. If that is a special can you take it back to your cabin. Sometimes we just prefer the peace and quiet of being by ourselves over a noisy bar. Not to say that we would do this all the time, just wondering if it could be done.

thanks (so excited and looking forward to this trip!!)

Cheryl

I would suggest ordering one and drink it quick (wink, wink) and order one more to take to the room and ask for a tall glass.....

I don't drink enough to justify purchasing a drinks package, but I do like a cold beer by the pool or on the balcony - one per day, if that. If you're like me, then the beer buckets are a good deal. When I bought a bucket in 2012, I got six beers for $25, somewhat, if not significantly, less than what they would've cost individually. The selection was limited - Corona, Heineken and Amstel. The bartender opened one of them and had no problem with me taking the rest to my cabin. He even lent me a bottle opener.

The daily bulletin listed the sale twice in a two-week cruise, but I've read elsewhere on this website that they sell them all the time at the poolside bars. You simply have to ask.

I don't drink enough to justify purchasing a drinks package, but I do like a cold beer by the pool or on the balcony - one per day, if that. If you're like me, then the beer buckets are a good deal. When I bought a bucket in 2012, I got six beers for $25, somewhat, if not significantly, less than what they would've cost individually. The selection was limited - Corona, Heineken and Amstel. The bartender opened one of them and had no problem with me taking the rest to my cabin. He even lent me a bottle opener.

The daily bulletin listed the sale twice in a two-week cruise, but I've read elsewhere on this website that they sell them all the time at the poolside bars. You simply have to ask.

I don't know if it is always done as I'm not a big beer drinker but I recall a cruise a couple years ago when a friend we were traveling with was able to get the special any afternoon for any beer they sold at the outdoor aft bar. I also recall a cruise when a fellow passenger was arraigning with a martini bar waiter to get the bucket delivered to their cabin at a later time. Bottom line is ask if you're interested. I the bucket is 6 for the price of 5 or something along those lines.

We both upgraded to the premium package and every day when returning to our cabin I would get two unopened Smirnoff Ice to put in our ice bucket. Always enjoyed having a cold drink on the balcony in the evening.

Thanks for the great tips - it may never even come up, but i'm one of those people who doesn't like surprises. lol

Make sure you have a bottle opener as there not one in the Solist Cabins Aussie