Riviera Travel - Lord Byron and others

notamermaid

Hello,

I have recently seen the Lord Byron sailing on the Rhine and really liked the vessel from the outside. As booking and sailing with this UK-based company is feasible for me can anybody tell me anything about the company and the new ship called the MS William Shakespeare?

The only info I can find is this review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1931673&highlight=riviera+travel

Thanks.

notamermaid

Weather update: We are enjoying lovely Spring days on the Rhine with warm temperatures, not much rain and still enough water for comfortable sailing!

We sailed on the Lord Byron last July on their Rhine & Moselle cruise. The ship is designated a 5* and was brand new at that time. Both the Lord Byron and the William Shakespeare were made by Scylla AG and the interiors are identical.

Riviera is a long-established British company who provide a good product at a reasonble price. They didn't do any optional excursions and we felt the qualityoverall was not as good as on a previous Avalon cruise. But as I said in my review we got what we paid for.

I would sail with them again.