Why stop at St. Barts

shoesonfire

...uh...once every winter would be nice!

We're good with just about any port - although like to have a decent beach and/or basic waterfront restaurant for seafood lunch as well. As long as there is no snow and we don't need to wear warm clothes and boots.

I agree, Larry, it's nice to escape our lovely winters. :) But that doesn't mean I have to get off the ship in St. Maarten with all the thousands from all the other ships. I can stay on board and enjoy a lovely sea day in the beautiful weather!

It is worth stopping in St. Barts just to see all the huge yachts. You can walk along near them near downtown or see the really big yachts anchored in the bay. We managed to see a world famous one come sailing right by our ship. If you want to see the top 1%, go somewhere else, this place is for the 1% of the 1%.

Was here at Eastertime when the racing was about to begin. The collection of yachts with their outfitted crews made Annapolis look backwater.

Was on the Azamara Journey; they knew how to handle the tendering process; very efficient. :rolleyes:

Most of the cruise ship passengers seemed to stay around the shopping area on peninisula once off the tender' date=' but we walked further around the bend to what I guess you could call the "mainland" where the buildings seemed terraced one above the other into the side of the island as it rose away from the shore. It's not all that far as Gustavia is pretty small. The restaurant we ate at was on rue Charles de Gaulle. It has changed names now, but in the same location now is Pipiri. You can google it and check out the menu and prices, though I don't know if it's the same owners. It was hard deciding where to eat as all the restaurants looked so good, but this particular spot drew us in with their daily <menu>, which featured a main course of Fondue Savoiard. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.[/quote']

Appreciate your response and information I'm sure others will find it helpful as well.

In our memory, We love st Bart's

Expensive? Yes

Great food? Yes

Great experience? Yes

We still talk about the most expensive lunch we have ever had- anyplace- ever

Wonderful lobster and wonderful wine

A once in a lifetime experience

That's why we travel- the experience of the culture- not sayin it always has to be expensive to be good, but this time it was, and worth every penny, all those years later!

Helaine