New All Inclusive Beverage Package

mbbrick

we are sailing in September on the Regal Princess. Does anyone know if bottles of wine at dinner are discounted when you have this package? Has anyone bought this package and have an opinion about the pros and cons?

There are other threads which cover your questions.

There is a 40% discount on many of the bottled wines if you have this package. That is good if you want to share a bottle with people that do not have the package.

But if you just wish to have multiple glasses of wine yourself, every glass you drink is included in the package as long as each is priced below $10.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where you can buy the 40% discounted bottles? By that I mean is it just MDR or can they be purchased at deck bars/HC for drinking other than at dinner eg on deck or in cabin? Keep asking but not got to bottom of this yet. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know where you can buy the 40% discounted bottles? By that I mean is it just MDR or can they be purchased at deck bars/HC for drinking other than at dinner eg on deck or in cabin? Keep asking but not got to bottom of this yet.

We had this package on our recent Emerald Princess sailing. You can buy wine bottles at discount (bottles under $100) from the MDR, HC and from any of the Bars and also Vines. Yes to the open decks we purchased from the Terrace bar (Outriggers?) a couple of times to relax and watch the wake. You just show your sticker on your Cruise Card.

My understanding is that you don't get discount or free from Room Service. But you can just buy the bottle at a bar and take it back to the cabin unopened.

Edited by jackieo

I'm a little confused. Why would someone with the drink package purchase a bottle of wine at dinner when he/she can order by the glass at no additional charge?

Precisely ! Some people will prefer a "better" wine with their meal that buying by the glass is not available. We have the package included in our Baltic cruise next year and I will be quite happy drinking wine by the glass with my meals. Looking at the wine list there are plenty that I will be prepared to drink!! :-)

Why would someone with the drink package purchase a bottle of wine at dinner when he/she can order by the glass at no additional charge?
You can share the bottle with other passengers who have not purchased the drink package. You can't order free glasses of wine for them. Or if you want to take a whole bottle back to your room instead of going back and forth to the nearest bar for another glass.

And as Bogof1 said, not all of the wines are available by the glass. Some people care a lot about exactly what they're drinking, some people care a bit less. No problem either way, and it's nice of Princess to offer this extra discount in the package.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

1. When and where do you purchase the package.

2. If you purchase when embarking do you pay local port taxes?

3. How long after boarding do you have to purchase the package, (within 24 hours)?

4. I thought I heard that you could get a bottle of wine from room service and pay the 40%?

Thanks in advance, Barb

3. How long after boarding do you have to purchase the package, (within 24 hours)?

4. I thought I heard that you could get a bottle of wine from room service and pay the 40%?

Thanks in advance, Barb

I have not heard of the All Inclusive Beverage Package -- can someone send me a link that tells the details?

DH and I just purchased this package on the Star Princess two weeks ago. This was our experience with the package.

Upon boarding, we were able to purchase the drink stickers at a table that was set up by the MUTS pool.

The charge wasn't run through the system until after the ship left San Francisco, so no taxes.

Stickers were available on Embarkation Day and the day after only.

We didn't try to order any wine through room service. We brought on our allotment of one each "no corkage" bottles. That was plenty of wine for the room because we were rarely in the cabin.

As an FYI, DH likes beer with dinner, so I was ordering wine by the glass in the Anytime dining room. The Asst. Waiter was able to bring me two glasses at a time and bring DH two beers at a time. We had a large table and we were trying to save her from making two trips.;)

Even though there's not a huge selection of wines by the glasses, there are certainly some drinkable ones. Another option is stop at Vines (if your ship has one) as they have many more offerings than the dining room. It's no problem to carry that glass into the dining room with you.

I guess I found the answer to the room service part:

All-Inclusive Bar Package

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Golden, Ocean, Pacific, Regal, Sea and Sun Princess.$56.35 per person/per day

This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues.

I am guessing my DH can get a beer at the pool and bring it back to the cabin unopened to drink on the balcony:confused: Otherwise it's cheaper to buy a bucket or 2 a day and he can drink them where and when he wants.

We had this package on our recent Emerald Princess sailing. You can buy wine bottles at discount (bottles under $100) from the MDR, HC and from any of the Bars and also Vines. Yes to the open decks we purchased from the Terrace bar (Outriggers?) a couple of times to relax and watch the wake. You just show your sticker on your Cruise Card.

My understanding is that you don't get discount or free from Room Service. But you can just buy the bottle at a bar and take it back to the cabin unopened.

Exactly what I wanted to hear and many thanks for the information 😃

Only I am taking the package - my wife is not - so that explains why I would want to buy bottle rather than glass so that she can benefit. Tbh it's the 40% that swings it for me with the package as I don't think I would break even without it.

Thanks again for helpful reply. 👍

This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues.

I am guessing my DH can get a beer at the pool and bring it back to the cabin unopened to drink on the balcony:confused: Otherwise it's cheaper to buy a bucket or 2 a day and he can drink them where and when he wants.

If you're at the pool together, you can order one each and tell the bartender that you don't want them opened. We also called room service, and had them swap out the 8 mini-liquor bottles from our elite mini-bar, for 8 beers. Add those beers to the other two beers that came in the mini-bar, and DH got a 10 beer set-up for the cabin.

If you're at the pool together, you can order one each and tell the bartender that you don't want them opened. We also called room service, and had them swap out the 8 mini-liquor bottles from our elite mini-bar, for 8 beers. Add those beers to the other two beers that came in the mini-bar, and DH got a 10 beer set-up for the cabin.

Thanks, Partybarbie:)