Breakaway Entertainment Issue

neptune18

Booked all our specialties and entertainment for our August 3 BA cruise. Got an email yesterday from NCL that our Thursday night ROA show had been "rescheduled" and that we no longer had reservations. Went online to make new ones and of course the system wouldn't allow it as we were still showing reserved for Thurs. night.

Was able to get an NCL rep to make the new reservations but still a hassle and now we have conflicts. Have sailed Oasis/Allure three times and never had any issues like this. The rep told me they were now only showing ROA on Tuesday and no other day. Seems strange they would cancel all other showings two months out. On a ship with over 4,000 people, I imagine there will be many unhappy campers, as this is one of NCL's signature shows.

Our show was canceled also. I was just able to rebook online for the Tuesday show at 9:30. I do feel like this will be an issue once we get onboard so I am happy to have those reservations. There is so much to do so I am sure it will all work out.

We leave Sunday so you had much more advance notice than we did!

My motto - don't worry, be happy. It will be an awesome cruise. I'll tell you all about it when we return.:)

Hello, I am on the August 3rd sailing as well and was originally scheduled for Rock of Ages on Thursday night. I called yesterday and they changed it to Wednesday night for me. The representative said it is now only being shown on Tuesday and Wednesday night. I hope there are no more changes as I had to shift my shore excursion with the shift to Wednesday night.

This happened to us too. I called and they rescheduled us to Tuesday. I was told that they changed shows from Wednesday/Thursday to now Tuesday/Wednesday. It was quite a hassle and now we are stuck with no dinner reservation for Tuesday since the one we had conflicted with the show....and now the only available reservations in Manhattan, Taste or Savor are at 5:30... Maybe we will use our La Cucina credit that night now....

We ran into the same issue for the July 20 sailing. I waited 1 hour on phone yesterday and was told only Wednesday night show for ROA and thus booked that night; even though my friend and I wanted to enjoy the Bermuda street fair on Wednesday night. Then I went to ncl.com today and saw that ROA is also on Tuesday night at 6:30 and 9:30 so I called NCL back...waited 1.5 hours...but thankfully got into Tuesday night at 6:30.

Booked all our specialties and entertainment for our August 3 BA cruise. Got an email yesterday from NCL that our Thursday night ROA show had been "rescheduled" and that we no longer had reservations. Went online to make new ones and of course the system wouldn't allow it as we were still showing reserved for Thurs. night.

I'm sorry to read of yet another issue with Breakaway entertainment scheduling, but I'm glad that NCL is, at least, now advising of those changes in advance.

For my 2013 sailing, nothing was mentioned until embarkation when/if you read the messages on your cabin TV. And those changes would often overlap what you'd already booked for specialty dining. A mess indeed. :(

Entertainment%20Change%201-L.jpg

Entertainment%20Change%202-L.jpg

Entertainment%20Change%203-L.jpg

I hope you can make all the necessary adjustments to have an enjoyable cruise vacation and see the entertainment options you desire.

I made all of my reservations on board for shows and restaurants, for both of my ba sailings, never had a problem.

Ate at 3 specialty restaurants and saw all of the shows.

Ditto, the way to go

I was actually thrilled once I realized that I could see ROA on a sea day instead of having to be back on the ship on a port day. I just wish that when they cancelled the time it updated my booking online, thus avoiding the phone call to NCL.

The change was actually made on our sailing. We went to the Box Office (great setup by the way) and changed the RofA to the new night and then moved Second City to the old RofA night - not a problem to do on the ship and no spinning your wheels before hand. As for the show - if I could have walked out in the middle without offending the excellent cast, I would have done so. Not the best musical on or off Broadway that I have seen.

We are brand new to cruising on the Breakaway (well any ship for that matter). Could someone give me a short run down on reservations for the entertainment. Many years ago we went on a 4 night Carnival Cruise and were able to just go in the theater and sit down for entertainment.

Thanks

We did make a change recently in Norwegian Breakaway's entertainment schedule and we apologize that our online reservation system was not updated properly at the time. It has been updated with the current schedule. We appreciate your patience with this and thank you for taking the time to write your post.

As an FYI, in the Breakaway Theater, we continue to offer 4 performances of Rock of Ages, two shows per night on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 6:30 and 9:30 pm. We also have two nights of Burn the Floor with 4 performances. The remaining three nights entertainment in the Theater include Welcome and Farewell shows and one night with a Comedian. There are also lots of other activities in the Atrium and other venues around the ship for you to enjoy. Reservations for the shows are recommended but not required. Don't forget the Fireworks Display on Friday night at 10:45 pm!

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Breakaway and hope you enjoy your cruise!

We did make a change recently in Norwegian Breakaway's entertainment schedule and we apologize that our online reservation system was not updated properly at the time. It has been updated with the current schedule. We appreciate your patience with this and thank you for taking the time to write your post.

As an FYI, in the Breakaway Theater, we continue to offer 4 performances of Rock of Ages, two shows per night on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 6:30 and 9:30 pm. We also have two nights of Burn the Floor with 4 performances. The remaining three nights entertainment in the Theater include Welcome and Farewell shows and one night with a Comedian. There are also lots of other activities in the Atrium and other venues around the ship for you to enjoy. Reservations for the shows are recommended but not required. Don't forget the Fireworks Display on Friday night at 10:45 pm!

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Breakaway and hope you enjoy your cruise!

The other shows on BA were really excellent - especially Burn the Floor. And the addition to having them perform one night in Manhattan was especially enjoyable. As stated above there is lots of excellent entertainment and lots of variety. If you do not get your reservations corrected before you leave, it can easily be fixed once you board. Thanks NCL for continuing to monitor these boards, it is much appreciated. And I hope that Legally Blond on Getaway (our next cruise) is a lot more entertaining than RofA;)

You don't need reservations for the welcome aboard or the crew talent show.

I was on the 5/11 sailing and I never go to crew talent shows - but this ship has some serious talent, definitely recommend it.

If you like classic rock - definitely check out Angel - he's usually in the Maltings Bar/lounge.

He's really good - does stuff like America, the eagles, simon and Garfunkel, etc. he was really, really good. We went to see him most nights. He's the first entertainer I've ever tipped at the end of a cruise because I enjoyed him so much.

ROA was great - although the audience was a dud and refused to participate.

Burn the floor was ok; it seemed too long for me. Typical cruise dance show IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums