open passage issue

MarkusToe

hi folks

2 issues on open passage booking

a.) reduced OBC to 50 USD on 18 a days transpacific cruise, never seen this exclusion... any confirmation on that?

b. ) open passage bought within a US cruise is transferred into EUR and not useable for bookings with us ta anymore...., any idea how to transfer back to a us ta?

looks like X is cheating actually..., first: 123 promo not valid:mad:

now this.....

to be very honest: a german wording says: other moms has nice daughters as well.....

regards and hope for help

Markus

Edited by MarkusToe

may be important info

open passage certificates bought in 2011

does X honor the old contracts?

It is my understanding that you should get the higher OBC on the TP. Of course you cannot get the 123 Promo because it is a TP.

I also understand Celebrity is allowing you to combine with one other offer like the new ones, but I am not sure if that impacts the terms of the higher OBC. The old ones previously could not be combined.

Edited by jagoffee

Celebrity will honor the OBC that was in effect at the time you purchased the Open Passeage. For example: even if the OBC for a

TA are now reduced to $50, if when you purchased your Open Passage the OBC was $300 for the cruise you are booking, you will get the $300 OBC.

We just did this and had no problem getting the correct OBC we were entitiled to from a previously purchased Open Passage.

Celebrity will honor the OBC that was in effect at the time you purchased the Open Passeage. For example: even if the OBC for a

TA are now reduced to $50, if when you purchased your Open Passage the OBC was $300 for the cruise you are booking, you will get the $300 OBC.

We just did this and had no problem getting the correct OBC we were entitiled to from a previously purchased Open Passage.

Where you also able to combine the older Open Passage with one other offer?

Where you also able to combine the older Open Passage with one other offer?

No. We had the same situation, purchased an Open Passage and booked an 18 day Transpacific, Sydney to Honolulu. It took our agent three phone calls to get the $300 OBC for the 18 days plus the $75 for booking the "World Tour" segment. We also booked the Honolulu to Vancouver segment in a suite - a new booking, no Open Passage. After two phone calls, we received the OBC plus 123 package.

I told our agent I would never purchase another Open Passage, it is too painful to ensure you receive everything promised plus there are a lot of exceptions, no Tuesday specials for instance.

The Honolulu to Vancouver is not considered a Transpacific cruise - it is a Hawaii cruise and therefore eligible for the 123.

I would never be without a Passage Certificate. We usually book as soon as the itinerary's come out and I would rather not drop $900 18+ months out. It holds my room and price and then if something else comes along I can keep my cabin and then move the passages to another itinerary. I have two floating right now and everything I seem to be looking at seems to be going up in price so it has worked so far.

The Honolulu to Vancouver is not considered a Transpacific cruise - it is a Hawaii cruise and therefore eligible for the 123.

I would never be without a Passage Certificate. We usually book as soon as the itinerary's come out and I would rather not drop $900 18+ months out. It holds my room and price and then if something else comes along I can keep my cabin and then move the passages to another itinerary. I have two floating right now and everything I seem to be looking at seems to be going up in price so it has worked so far.

Could you please give a few helpful hints as to how to get the best deals using the Passage Certificate? We have one not being used at this point because we can always get a better deal with our TA. What is the best way to use the certificate? Can you ever get any 123 perks with the certificate or just the OBC?

I purchased a open passage about 3 years ago on the Solstice. For those 3 years I could not use it because the promotions were so much better. Took about 5 Celebrity cruises in that time period. For some unknown reason I was able to use the open passage and got a 123 promotion on upcoming Eclipse cruise in Europe.

may be important info

open passage certificates bought in 2011

does X honor the old contracts?

we just used our 2011 passage to book a cruise in September - it only had a £75 value but they took it just fine - seems they only credited £55 so we need to sort out the rest

Could you please give a few helpful hints as to how to get the best deals using the Passage Certificate? We have one not being used at this point because we can always get a better deal with our TA. What is the best way to use the certificate? Can you ever get any 123 perks with the certificate or just the OBC?

Probably be easier if you email me:) cfhamilton at gmail dot com