Advise please.

Travelbug 2

I will be disembarking in Montreal Canada on Sat June 14th and will be taking a cab to visit friends outside the city. There will only be one cruise ship in port. (Maasdam). I would like to be off the ship as soon as possible, my questions are ---------

*How long is the taxi line up likely to be?

*Would it be better for me to walk my luggage off the ship? (first time "solo" cruiser) I have never done that before.

*Would I have time for breakfast on board before vacating cabin?

Any info' appreciated. :)

On disembarkation morning, breakfast starts early enough that even the first off the ship can eat that one final time. There is also room service breakfast that morning! :) It's a most civilized way to end a cruise.

Self-disembarkation normally starts about 7:30, and the people who choose that drag their own luggage off the ship, and are first off. If you are visiting friends nearby you may want to stay aboard a little longer and have the luggage taken off for you (it must be left in the passageway the night before---probably midnight). You'll have time for breakfast in any venue you please, and can check over your final bill. If there's an error you'll have time to make corrections at the Front Desk.

I can't say about taxis out front, but will say that I've never not seen plenty of taxis at any disembarkation port.

We disembarked last year from the Maasdam in July we asked for late disembarkation and left the ship about 9:30AM,our suitcases were easy to find.There were lots of taxis but the wait was about 10- 15 minutes as they were only allowing about two taxis to load at a time.We waited in the building so were not in the hot sun,on our way well before 10:00AM.