Boardwalk balcony rooms

First time on Royal Caribbean...I have read a lot about the bed by the balcony vs. the closet placement and that it is hard to access the closet if the bed is there etc....

my question is I will have three boys in one of those rooms and we will be actually using the sofa bed. So with that being said, is it a toss up because with the sofa being open it will be in the way as much as the bed would be anyway?

Not sure if this is correct but I have also read that in the triple rooms all the beds are by the closet anyhow, so maybe we don't have a choice...

(My husband said boys wont use the closet so who cares...lol)

First time on Royal Caribbean...I have read a lot about the bed by the balcony vs. the closet placement and that it is hard to access the closet if the bed is there etc....

my question is I will have three boys in one of those rooms and we will be actually using the sofa bed. So with that being said, is it a toss up because with the sofa being open it will be in the way as much as the bed would be anyway?

Not sure if this is correct but I have also read that in the triple rooms all the beds are by the closet anyhow, so maybe we don't have a choice...

(My husband said boys wont use the closet so who cares...lol)

I believe any of the balcony staterooms that have a sofa bed have the sofa bed near the balcony, main bed by the closet.

Edited by clarea

We have been on Oasis once, and Allure twice.

All three times we had Boardwalk Balcony cabins.

Twice we have had the bed by the closet, and once we had the bed by the window.

We actually prefer the bed by the closet, because having the sofa and desk by the window makes the room lighter and more airy.

The mirror above the desk reflects more light from the window.

We were not unhappy with the bed by the balcony, but the cabin was darker.

I don't know if there is a specific configuration of the cabin for a triple.

Whatever you get, I predict you will love it! Have a great cruise!!

Is there another closet in the room which is more easily accessible?

No, just the one closet. They also put the safe in the closet, so it's one more reason you have to open the sliding doors and block part of the closet your roommate is probably trying to use.

I believe any of the balcony staterooms that have a sofa bed have the sofa bed near the balcony, main bed by the closet.

Yes, this is true. All cabins with 3 or more occupancy have the bed by the closet.

To the OP as other have stated there is not one way that is better than the other. Some prefer it one way while others prefer it another.