veendam question

toban1

A recent veendam reviewer indicated that help yourself smoked salmon is no longer available for breakfast as it once was. Apparently it is now doled out 2 slices per plate. This is one item I was so looking forward to on our nov cruise to hawaii. Have other veendam cruisers found this change as well. Say it aint so!! Thanks.

If, indeed, it is two slices to a serving, I wouldn't think there would be a problem if you went back for more if you wished

for a larger serving.

Edited by sail7seas

Just off the Veendam Saturday and yes, the smoked salmon was arranged in two slice portions on individual plates in the Lido for the duration of the cruise. It would be fine to help yourself to more than one plate, however. Each plate was garnished with onions and capers. The Neptune lounge also offered smoked salmon daily, although in small portions also. Smoked salmon was also featured in a number of appetizers both in the MDR and the Pinnacle.

A recent veendam reviewer indicated that help yourself smoked salmon is no longer available for breakfast as it once was. Apparently it is now doled out 2 slices per plate. This is one item I was so looking forward to on our nov cruise to hawaii. Have other veendam cruisers found this change as well. Say it aint so!! Thanks.

Funny how different folks look at this differently. My husband tends to order the smoked salmon EVERY MORNING for breakfast with a bagel, BEFORE, he orders his "main course".

We have frequently commented that the amount of smoked salman on any one plate is enough for two people.

Having grown up having smoked salmon (lox) very regularly, and knowing how pricey it is, two pieces seems like a more than adequate portion to me.

Funny how different folks look at this differently. My husband tends to order the smoked salmon EVERY MORNING for breakfast with a bagel, BEFORE, he orders his "main course".

I'm similar. I like to make smoked salmon and cream cheese my pre breakfast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We have frequently commented that the amount of smoked salman on any one plate is enough for two people.

Having grown up having smoked salmon (lox) very regularly, and knowing how pricey it is, two pieces seems like a more than adequate portion to me.

I love the stuff and have more of it on a cruise than I do in my daily living at home. I can get migraines from having too much of it so I agree with portion control.

Yes, sorry I meant the Lido. I agree it is pricey but that is one of the reasons we chose to book on a premium line. If we had booked on a lesser cruise line I would have no expectations, we would pay less and would not complain. HAL are pretty clever in that they dont actually remove an item, they merely make it more difficult or inconvenient to obtain. Sadly, this is an indication of yet another cutback that is met with not even a whimper.

As for portions, well who is to say whether 2, 4 or 6 slices is enough. Others may love prime rib or pork chops, personally I wouldnt touch it; and its not for me to say.

I don't see it as cut back. They haven't removed it. They're just setting a suggested portion size like most companies do. If I wanted more I would take multiple plates and not worry about it. They're just reducing waste from all the people out there that like to take more than they will eat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry I meant the Lido. I agree it is pricey but that is one of the reasons we chose to book on a premium line. If we had booked on a lesser cruise line I would have no expectations, we would pay less and would not complain. HAL are pretty clever in that they dont actually remove an item, they merely make it more difficult or inconvenient to obtain. Sadly, this is an indication of yet another cutback that is met with not even a whimper.

As for portions, well who is to say whether 2, 4 or 6 slices is enough. Others may love prime rib or pork chops, personally I wouldnt touch it; and its not for me to say.

No need to think you will be denied as much smoked salmon as you like. No one will stop you from taking two (or more) servings. I think that was mentioned above. Enjoy your salmon. :)