Received message that I got a special free upgrade

scrapperluv

Can someone help me figure out what this means? If I purchase an inner cabin will the upgrade me to a balcony? Does this expire? Can I use it on any ship?

Thanks so much!

Past Guest Offer with 2-category Upgrade

To thank you for sailing with Carnival again, enjoy an automatic two-category upgrade, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms and no change fee.

Exclusive offer for guests who have sailed with Carnival. A valid past guest number is required from at least one person in each stateroom to book this rate. Two category upgrade is based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Change fees are not assessed outside of the final payment window. Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties. Click here for additional information and details.

View Details

As the terms indicate, you can only move up in like cabins. Interior to higher category interior. Oceanview to higher category Oceanview, etc. And certain more limited categories they won't allow you to upgrade to like 4j interiors or 6j oceanviews. I've inquired about using this before and found it useless for my purposes. But call Carnival and see. It may work out better for you.

That "special" offer is sent out to almost everybody that is a past guest.

It mean they will upgrade you to another floor, or midship from forward. Not interior to balcony. Must be interior to interior as stated in the second part of the offer that you typed here. A category is deck forward, midship, aft or deck 2 to deck 7.

Can someone help me figure out what this means? If I purchase an inner cabin will the upgrade me to a balcony? Does this expire? Can I use it on any ship?

Thanks so much!

Past Guest Offer with 2-category Upgrade

To thank you for sailing with Carnival again, enjoy an automatic two-category upgrade, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms and no change fee.

Exclusive offer for guests who have sailed with Carnival. A valid past guest number is required from at least one person in each stateroom to book this rate. Two category upgrade is based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Change fees are not assessed outside of the final payment window. Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties. Click here for additional information and details.

View Details

No. If you buy an inside they will not upgrade you to a balcony. It means that you will be upgraded to the same cabin type in a different location on the ship. This is Carnival's typical past guest (VIFP) offer that hangs around most of the time and is usually available for any Carnival ship. It is at Carnival's discretion though which sailings it will apply to though. Some other promotions also offer this type of upgrade.

Be aware that if you accept an upgrade like this, that if the lowest category drops in price, you will not be able to price match to that price if you are in the higher category you accepted. For example if you accept an upgrade from 4A to 4C, and then later the 4A price drops, you can't get the price drop for that if you are in a 4C. The plus side is that you will usually be a couple decks higher and maybe in a more desirable location such as mid-ship. That matters to some people, but not so much to others. Personally, I prefer aft to mid-ship, so it's not such big deal to me.

Edited by winddawn

example--using a balcony--

balcony on deck 6 are categor A and B (a is forward and aft B is midship

balconies on deck 7 are category B and C. (b is forward and aft c is midship

so book a balcony in the lowest category with is a A you will go one deck higher and be midship