Will we make it on time? Cape Canaveral To Orlando

cruisinnancy

We are sailing on RCI, Freedom of the seas and our flights have mistakenly been booked for a 10.25am departure from Orlando. On previous Cruise ships we have docked at 5am and been able to get off quite quickly. Does anyone know if this is the same with Freedom and if we will make our flights? I realize Orlando is a good 1hr30min drive away. I called Delta and its $200 per person to change.... :(

We are sailing on RCI, Freedom of the seas and our flights have mistakenly been booked for a 10.25am departure from Orlando. On previous Cruise ships we have docked at 5am and been able to get off quite quickly. Does anyone know if this is the same with Freedom and if we will make our flights? I realize Orlando is a good 1hr30min drive away. I called Delta and its $200 per person to change.... :(

If you mean Orlando International (MCO), that's about 45 minutes from the port. While you're flight time is earlier than I would have chosen, it is possible to make it, though if there are any delays at all, you will be out of luck.

To increase your chances of making it, I'd pick self-assist departure (carry your own bags off), and a private car service, so you don't have to wait for a van to fill up. You could be at the airport by 8:30am if all goes well.

Edited by clarea

If you mean Orlando International (MCO), that's about 45 minutes from the port. While you're flight time is earlier than I would have chosen, it is possible to make it, though if there are any delays at all, you will be out of luck.

To increase your chances of making it, I'd pick self-assist departure (carry your own bags off), and a private car service, so you don't have to wait for a van to fill up. You could be at the airport by 8:30am if all goes well.

Thank you! We booked a private car service. I think what panicked me was when I spoke to RCI today and they told me you're not going to make it, its 1hr30 minutes and you should never book flights before 12pm.... dont think i'll be doing this again! ha.

I'd say you only have a chance of making this flight. Security lines can be horrible at Orlando, I've been in those lines over an hour just to get up to the agent, including my trip this year.

You need to know the details of your ticket and if you have to notify them if you aren't going to make it, or if your ticket will have any value as a no show. Do NOT count on getting home the same day.