Museum photo permits in Russia

bellemere

We are taking the Viking river cruise between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Do the included excursions to the museums such as the Hermitage include the cost of a photo permit to use while visiting the museum which allows you to take pictures while visiting the museum?

Thank you.

We did the trip with Vantage and the cost was not included in our tours. We usually paid the fee for one of us. The cost was minimal. We have friends on the trip with Viking now. I'll see if I can find out for sure when they return. When are you going? I loved Russia. Hope you do too!

We are taking the Viking river cruise between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Do the included excursions to the museums such as the Hermitage include the cost of a photo permit to use while visiting the museum which allows you to take pictures while visiting the museum?

Thank you.

Not usually, although our Vantage tour guide asked us before she bought the tickets who wanted photography license and then bought them all at the same time. As I recall they were about $10 but you were allowed to take pictures everywhere, except the Amber Room at Catherine's Palace. All of the museums and palaces are terribly expensive to maintain and they do so mostly through admissions, souveniers, donations and photo permits. Since they are beautifully maintained and restored (Catherine Palace for instance was totally destroyed by the ****'s) to their previous glory, I felt it was worth it and while some people did not buy the permits and took pictures anyway, I didn't feel comfortable doing it, but that's just me.

I'm sure you'll get feedback from someone on this board because there are a boat load of Viking customers who post. I wonder why CC blocked out the obvious word in my post. It's an historical fact guys, but sorry if I said something I wasn't supposed to....I really had no idea. :o

I'm sure you'll get feedback from someone on this board because there are a boat load of Viking customers who post. I wonder why CC blocked out the obvious word in my post. It's an historical fact guys, but sorry if I said something I wasn't supposed to....I really had no idea. :o

If I'm guessing the word correctly, I suspect that it's banned because it's sometimes used in flame wars here. [bTW, you're not supposed to question why CC does things. Just sayin']

If I'm guessing the word correctly, I suspect that it's banned because it's sometimes used in flame wars here. [bTW, you're not supposed to question why CC does things. Just sayin'][/

You probably guessed it correctly....and I really didn't think it would be problematic since it was used in an historical context and not a pejorative one...but I do understand your point..also wasn 't aware of CC non-questioning clause...I shall be more respectful in future.:D

I did a private tour a few years ago and our guide asked at the time she bought our tickets. It was really just a sticker to put on your camera or camera strap that showed you had paid to take photos.

I'm guess they will do the same procedures for your tours. All other cruise tour groups were doing the same thing.