To All The Sailaway Addicts

mamaofami

Thanks, John.

My last time in Tampa was with Blount Small Ship Adventures and we docked at the Marriott Waterside. It's about a mile from the big ship terminal, so I expect capturing toots from there is unlikely. It looks like the Ryndam's next visit there is November 16. That will be turnaround day in Tenerife on my Wind Star B2B, so I'll try to find an internet cafe. I think it's a bit iffy that I'll make it.

Roy

Are you doing a trans-Atlantic on Windstar?

I watched the Carnival Paradise sail this afternoon and it was quite interesting. The sailaway area much larger than from any of the other ports and the camera was able to follow the ship quite clearly for a long time. The marine audio is sparse as compared to Fort Lauderdale, but the operators of the site have incorporated the Air Traffic Control audio for Tampa's airport. Very interesting to listen to this and makes me even more amazed that we all reach our destinations by plane as safely as we do!

I think Dave and Lou have an interesting sense of humor. I've been watching today's sailaways and the Oasis of the Seas is heading out on a transatlantic and a stay in drydock. As she pulled away from the dock, "Time to Say Goodbye" was playing, I'm pretty sure from the condos. (and again as it's passing the condos).

I had said earlier on this thread that when I sail on QM2 October 28 the Eurodam would be making a port call in New York the same day. I was mistaken, it's the Maasdam. I'm booked at the Harbor House B&B (site of the NYHarbor webcam) and am looking forward to a good view of Maasdam's arrival.

Roy

Did I miss something? (must admit I haven't read the entire thread) but is there now a web cam for Tampa? We will be sailing from there in February.

Here you go manaofami, hot off the press, no just kidding, yes new with sound. Link below.

Port Tampa Webcam - PTZtv Live Streaming Cruise Port Web Cam

Edited by PathfinderEss

• 2 weeks later...
Just a reminder that the first of the season PTZtv sailaway of a HAL ship is on Sunday. It is from NYC so no toots but at least it is a fix for the sail-away addicts. Eurodam is scheduled to sail at 5 pm EDST.

Thanks for the reminder Scrapnana. The least I can do join in this one

Thanks to everyone who waved us off from NYC a few weeks ago. We had a fabulous trip and we were thinking of you all as we sailed out under that bridge with just 4 meters clearance. :eek:

Unfortunately the Eurodam docked too early for me today and I'll be on my way out of Charleston when it leaves. Have a great sailaway, everybody. I'm pretty sure this is the first HAL sailaway with the new port of New York camera in operation.

Roy

• 3 weeks later...