Another liquor question.

dexter

Does HAL allow you to take liquor back to your cabin the moment you purchase it in their shop, or do you have to wait til cruise is over? I read that RCI allows this...not sure about HAL.

Dexter: Anything you buy in a port or on the ship will be held until the last night of your cruise when they deliver it to your room. However, you can pre-order alcohol and wine prior to the start of your cruise nad have it put in your room.

Thanks. How do I get a list of what I can order? Is that just for departure celebration purposes or for any amount you want. I am not a heavy drinker, but it is nice to have a cocktail or two in your cabin.

If you go back a few pages on this board, I posted a list that was offered to us for cabin consumption on the Zaandam in April/May. If you can`t find this post, just let me know what liquor you are interested in and I will post the price they gave us..jean

Dexter:

You can go online to HAL and get a beverage order. We like to have a martini before dinner nightly on our balcony so we order a bottle of voda. Also with dinner we like wine so we pre-order wine for the week. (Gosh we sound like drunks; only on vacation!) The nice part it that its prepaid and we don't have to worry about a huge bill at the end of the cruise....

Hi Duncan (BTW that is my family name) The site you referenced for HAL is already redundant...but that is par for the course with them. They change their regs on a daily basis. C

orkage fee is now $15....jean

I`ve just found the page where I listed prices...page 5 under the thread....any changes to carry on liquor policies

[This message was edited by elmorejj on 06-09-04 at 06:52 PM.]

icon_wink.gif Liquor

When you get on the ship, there should be a list of the various alcohols and packages that you can order (telephone 92).

Most alcohol is $25 a bottle (a liter). Packages around $27.50 - alcohol plus 3 cans of mixer. There will be a 15% gratuity added on. And if you order the alcohol while still in Florida waters, another 7% tax is added on.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Why do they keep changing their policies on liquor???? I don't mind not bringing alcohol on board but I wish they would just come up with something and stick to it!

I got a package that was vodka and three tonics to go with and I believe it was 27.50. That was the total charged to my card. So maybe if you order prior to cruising there isn't all the taxes.....

Dexter

Go to the HAL site and you can preorder drinks and other things.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboard/gifts.do?gifts=beverages

This came up on a thread about buying wine for in cabin or dinner about 2 weeks ago. fyi.

jc

Upcoming cruise HAL Rotterdam VI 11/2005 South America

Legend of the Seas RCI 3/03 New Zealand, Tahiti, Hawaii, Adventure of the Seas RCI 2/02 Southern Caribbean, Radiance of the Seas RCI 10/01 Vancouver to Hawaii, Millennium Celebrity 10/00 Eastern Mediterranean, Galaxy Celebrity 12/99 Southern Caribbean, Sensation Carnival 4/98 Eastern Caribbean, Majesty of the Seas RCI 1/96 Western Caribbean

email me at xpcdoojk@yahoo.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> However, you can pre-order alcohol and wine prior to the start of your cruise nad have it put in your room. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no need to preorder before the cruise. On the Ryndam, we were bombarded with bar staff and found tables set up everywhere, and I do mean everywhere, where we could order wine for that nights dinner or get a soda card and it was 15% off. Do you think that is because of the mandatory 15% gratuity on alcohol and sodas?

"Thanks to all for your help & advice. Our May 28th cruise was much better for it!"

Last month on the Z we brought bottles of licquor onboard in our carry-ons...no one checked. In Cozumel I bought a bottle of tequila and brought it up to my cabin. I think they should reverse that policy. Even though we had liquor in our cabins we still bought our fair share of drinks at the various watering holes onboard.

My DH and I were on the Z for the 17th of April cruise. We had two carry on bags and they placed them on a table and sent it thru a scanner. We were pulled out of line and asked to go to a side table and remove the bottles from our bags. After I removed the bubble wrap they saw that they were two bottles of wine, so they let us pass. Everyone with carry bags had to put them thru the scanner.

Prior to the cruise, I had ordered a liter of Crown Royal for my husband at $34.00. It was on the dresser when we arrived in our suite.

Fireflygal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lakelurenut:

IN regards to the liquor question, how about bringing beer on board !!

Going on Zuiderdam on Dec. 4th. How about at less a 6-pack. Hubby wants to know !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived