Formal night dress code?

paulwil244

Hi, realistically how 'least formal' can OH get away with on formal night on the Dream pls as we doing 10 day tour before cruise and don't really want to bring a lounge suit for just 2 nights? is a jacket really necessary? Shirt tie n smart trousers pass ok or not pls?

Carnival's dress code is very very lax.

Shirt, tie and smart trousers will fit in with what many are wearing. Depending on where you are sailing from, when and how long the cruise is you will see a wide spread of mens attire. Anything from jeans to tuxedos.

"Dress code" =wear a shirt with a collar and long pants.

That's it!

You don't need a jacket or tie at all!

My husband wears black jeans,black shoes and a shirt with a collar. No problems and very comfy. I dress up as much as I please.Then we are both happy.

I think honestly, it depends on where you sail out of.

When we sailed out of Florida, there were several guys turned away at the door even though they were wearing "church" jeans. Because they were jeans, they weren't considered formal wear. When we sailed out of Texas, nobody batted an eye at "church" jeans on formal night because down here we know that jeans can absolutely be formal wear. :D

It is hard to imagine how one would know the pants are jeans if they are black? It is really not obvious at all.

No one has ever said a word to us soooo just our experience.

If they're "church" jeans, then sometimes it's not obvious at all unless you're really looking because "church" jeans are a very dark wash or very, very black, nicely pressed and sometimes they have so much starch they could stand up by themselves.:p

To the person who said jeans are not formal wear..come down here and say that. I dare ya.:p:D;)

samo_and_son_tuxedos_catalog_2012_p72_edit.jpg

If they're "church" jeans, then sometimes it's not obvious at all unless you're really looking because "church" jeans are a very dark wash or very, very black, nicely pressed and sometimes they have so much starch they could stand up by themselves.:p

To the person who said jeans are not formal wear..come down here and say that. I dare ya.:p:D;)

samo_and_son_tuxedos_catalog_2012_p72_edit.jpg

This picture shows that it is really pretty easy to tell the difference between black pants (right) and black jeans (left). I am a little surprised and the pictures shows that they can look good with a jacket, but there clearly is a difference.