What Am I Doing Wrong?

Not to beat a dead horse to death about Royal's stupid website BUT I need to know if there is some trick to booking excursions?

I was finally able to book my Coke package last week by using a tip here about mushing your address down to 15 characters (or I guess that was why I was successful), but I am still unable to book our excursion!!! :mad:

It always says it can't take my card....where there is NOTHING on that card, except my coke package!!!

Seriously......should I be putting dashes between my card number.....not putting dashes in my phone number......WHAT???????

Have you tried cleaning out cookies and history on computer or tablet.

Yep I have done that multiple times........

It seems if I could book my Coke package I would be able to book our excursion......the whole thing doesn't make sense.

And forget calling Royal.....the last person I talked to told me they couldn't do it either.....:cool:

Edited by GTO-Girl

I think the excursion page is having problems. I ordered excursions several weeks ago. In the last couple days, at least one has changed to a port we arent even going to, yet when you click on the link to view details, it shows the description for the original activity but has a completely different title that has nothing to do with the description. I am waiting to deal with it on the ship because everything has already been paid for and I dont want to start cancelling and rebooking and ending up with who knows what. I do have a copy of the calender printed a couple weeks ago that is correct, so we will see what happens when June 13 rolls around.

What Computer / Webbrowser are you using?

In my experience Firefox has the biggest issues.

Internet Explorer has some issues - espacialy the Cart failes to load for me.

Safari on iPad seams to work best.

Edited by AntiCat

Not to beat a dead horse to death about Royal's stupid website BUT I need to know if there is some trick to booking excursions?

I was finally able to book my Coke package last week by using a tip here about mushing your address down to 15 characters (or I guess that was why I was successful), but I am still unable to book our excursion!!! :mad:

It always says it can't take my card....where there is NOTHING on that card, except my coke package!!!

Seriously......should I be putting dashes between my card number.....not putting dashes in my phone number......WHAT???????

Yes their website is all screwed up, I would just wait a few weeks & try again.

I think their having problems their end, I booked a cruise yesterday, they have sent me the same email 4 times and when I log on it doesn't show any upcoiming cruises for me. Thought I would leave it a few days before calling

What Computer / Webbrowser are you using?

In my experience Firefox has the biggest issues.

Internet Explorer has some issues - espacialy the Cart failes to load for me.

Safari on iPad seams to work best.

Safari on iPad is what I am using.

Will wait yet another couple of weeks and try again.....:o

It has happened to me too 2 weeks ago. The system kept rejecting my CC, saying that I have to try again. I tried doing this for 2 days, and eventually I had to call royal rep and was able to book my excursion and bought 2 drink packages for my kids in 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been dealing with issues with an Alaskan cruise coming up in three weeks. It started for me about 2 weeks ago. I tried buying some excursions and it said it couldn't process the card. It turns out the bank did process the purchase even though RCI says it didn't. I've tried calling numerous times and the people in the phone center are at the mercy of their tech guys running the web site, so they only know what info the tech guys are feeding them.

The last thing I heard from RCI was that I would be notified when the issue was fixed. They told me to call back in two weeks if it isn't fixed. However, in two weeks, the cruise planner is no longer available because it's so close to the departure date. :(

It has happened to me too 2 weeks ago. The system kept rejecting my CC, saying that I have to try again. I tried doing this for 2 days, and eventually I had to call royal rep and was able to book my excursion and bought 2 drink packages for my kids in 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got lucky......everyone I have talked to are disinterested and say they cannot help me either:cool:

I will keep trying.....maybe I will get someone like you did.......

I had the exact same problem, tried for days trying to book excursions and drinks packages and got the rejected credit card message.

I took the excursion out of the booking and the drinks package payment was accepted straight away. RCI told me when I queried this that the excursion was sold out and that is why I couldn't book it.

Whether it is actually sold out or RCI just don't know what's happening with the website is anyone's guess...

I had the exact same problem, tried for days trying to book excursions and drinks packages and got the rejected credit card message.

I took the excursion out of the booking and the drinks package payment was accepted straight away. RCI told me when I queried this that the excursion was sold out and that is why I couldn't book it.

Whether it is actually sold out or RCI just don't know what's happening with the website is anyone's guess...

LOL......you were told it was because your excursion was sold out and I was told I wasn't allowed to book any excursions until I was 60 days or less away from our cruise......:eek:.....which we all know is NOT true.

Oh well......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: