Carnival Dream vs. RCI Navigator of the Seas

sharse

I've spent the better part of a day here on CC searching for all of the "Dream vs Navigator" threads. There are certainly good things about both ships, but if you'll forgive another comparison thread, I'd like to ask for opinions. Both itineraries are of interest. I'd like to make my decision based on the ship.

I am currently booked on the Navigator for spring break, 2016. We have a P1 on deck 12 which I think will be an awesome cabin for us, 2 adults and 2 boys, who will be 11 and 12. For $500 less I could have a balcony (which I know is a smaller cabin than the P1) on the Carnival Dream.

On the Navigator, the flow rider will be a hit with my kids, but I understand the lines for it are always really LONG. It also seems this ship has more pool space than the Dream, which is a plus.

On the Dream, my kids would love the water slides. How are the lines for these? Are there other things on the ship that are not on the Navigator? Navigator has a rock wall, which we'll probably use once. They have mini golf, which we'll probably use once or twice. Navigator has the ice rink… not sure we'd use it or get tickets to the show.

While cruising the hubby and I like to relax in the sun/shade, so that is why the balcony is of interest. If we want a quiet spot to just listen to the waves, we could do that on the Dream.

We don't usually spend too much on specialty restaurants. Which do you think has better/more options for complimentary dining?

Would love to hear from cheerleaders on both sides about the best things about each ship, if you would be so kind. Thank you!

I would take the cheaper option purely because it frees up money to spend on other things and items/trips in ports.

Never read anything about major lines on Carnival water slides. I think all Carnival ships have a golf course and basketball court as well but not sure.

I also love the thought of flow riders and rock walls but lets be honest...are they worth an extra 500? Especially when you can try both at activity centres on land.

Have you checked reviews for the kids/teens clubs for both ships/lines? There are always people who say their kids have said no and then that they ended up loving them.

We did the Dream last year and loved it. They have some really cool slides in their new waterpark and since there's several slides to choose from, the lines aren't too bad. The spiral slide is cool but we loved the huge "toilet bowl flush" styled slide. :D There's water jets you can spray at each other, water buckets that dump on you, and the water jets on the floor the kids can run through. The kids will love the huge game room. It has air hockey, arcade style games, and prize winning games that have cool prizes like iPads. The candy store was another favorite of my kids, they loved filling bags with their favorite candy to make their own custom sweet snack. There's also a neat checkers game that has life sized pieces (5'-6') tall. The kids got a kick out of playing it.

For the adults, the spa is amazing and adults only. The thalasso therapy pool with its warm bubbly mineral water and built in full length loungers beneath the water is a must. :) Theres numerous saunas with moist and dry heat. It's the nicest spa I've seen on a cruise ship. The other thing us adults loved was the adults only serenity area. It has loungers, two person love seats, long sofas to stretch out on, jacuzzis, showers, and hammocks. We loved that place!

Hope this helps you with your choice.