Questions about breeze

Cruisegirl6

I was on other cruise boards and read so many reviews about the food not being good in both the main dining room and the buffet on the Breeze. I have always trusted Cruise Critic people and need your advice regarding issues that other boards have talked about regarding the Breeze:

1- Many say the steak in the main dining room is tough (is it still flat iron which then I can understand being tough) and not good?

2- Do you also feel the drink pour is skimpy?

3- Many talked about the dining room service being poor is this true?

4- A few that tried the Steakhouse said it was disappointing, do you feel this way if so why and if not like to hear about how you feel about it?

5- Did you find the passengers to be pushy and rude (a few have stated this on other boards)?

6- Many stated that there wasn't a variety of items in the lunch buffet do you feel they are correct?

We are considering the Breeze next year but curious to know more about her before we book.

Just for off her this morning and had a phenomenal cruise! I'll answer what I can below.

I was on other cruise boards and read so many reviews about the food not being good in both the main dining room and the buffet on the Breeze. I have always trusted Cruise Critic people and need your advice regarding issues that other boards have talked about regarding the Breeze:

1- Many say the steak in the main dining room is tough (is it still flat iron which then I can understand being tough) and not good?

Members of our party found the steak to be hit or miss.

Don't know. My virgin drinks were great!

We had one of the best dining room teams I've ever had.

4- A few that tried the Steakhouse said it was disappointing, do you feel this way if so why and if not like to hear about how you feel about it?

Didn't try it. But, Cucina deal Capitano was good.

5- Did you find the passengers to be pushy and rude (a few have stated this on other boards)?

No more than any other cruise or vacation.

6- Many stated that there wasn't a variety of items in the lunch buffet do you feel they are correct?

There are so many amazing items available for lunch that dinner pales in comparison! This is almost the best time to eat on the whole ship.

We are considering the Breeze next year but curious to know more about her before we book.

We were on the Breeze a week ago- our first Carnival cruise. We've done 5 on HAL. Overall, we thought it was the best cruise so far, and the food and service we found to be top notch. We had early seating in the MDR, and had all our dinners there except the first night where we ate in the steakhouse. See my answers below:

We did not order the steak from the everyday menu, but ordered steak when it was on the menu for a particular night. I had filet mignon twice, and a NY strip and all three steaks were amazing, juicy, tender, and cooked to spec. DH even said that he'd put up the MDR filet against the steakhouse one.

We found this depended on the bartender. We found a few that we kept going back to, and let's just say the drinks were plenty strong. They would pour, and then forget to stop pouring after they'd removed the measurer, all the while looking away, as if to say "oops"!! ;-)

As someone with food allergies, we found the waitstaff in the MDR (early seating) to be exceptional. Some nights were a bit slower than others, but mostly quick, efficient, and friendly. Did not take them long to know our names, and remember our preferences.

The steakhouse was very good, we did it once, but not sure if we'd do it again considering we had such a great experience in the MDR.

Nothing that stood out from any other cruise we've taken.

We did not actually eat at the lunch buffet in the Lido, as there were too many other choices for lunch. When we did walk around to peruse the selection, we always felt there was something we could have eaten. Overall, the lunch selection (for all venues) was the best we've seen so far, and wish we'd had more sea days to try everything! We even cut one our port days short in order to go back on the ship and have lunch!! :D

My family sailed on the Breeze in March, 2014. Here are my thoughts.

It is still the Flat Iron Steak, it's hit and miss like everything in the MDR. No different than any other Carnival ship we have been on.

I was fine with the drinks I was served. You just have to find the right bartender. JMO

Not at all. We had YTD, and experienced different servers, had no complaints.

We also ate in the Steakhouse. The steak was definitely better than the MDR. Our party enjoyed our meal here, with no complaints. The meal was good, the service was good, and the desert was good. We also ate in Cucina del Capitano, and enjoyed this meal as well.

Not at all, and we were on a spring break cruise. We experienced no lines, no waiting. Everyone was just doing their own thing and going about their own business.

Not true. You have to check out both sides of the buffet. Additionally, you have the Deli, the buffet, Tandoor, Mongolian Wok, Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, Pizza, and on the sea days you have the BBQ. If you ask me the biggest issue was deciding which option to choose.

The Breeze is now our favorite ship, so much so, we are booked for another cruise this month. We enjoyed our cruise very much, and would recommend it in a heartbeat. I am a firm believer your vacation is what you make of it, if you look for the bad in everything, you will find it.

1 dinning room steak is lousy. 3 dining room service is good but the food not so good. 4 steakhouse is good. 5 every cruise has different passengers. 6 lots of options to eat lunch at. The best meal is the italian restaurant free for lunch and $12pp for dinner and the food and service is fantastic.