Best Juneau Helicopter Glacier excursion

grammyprf

for me "best" is linked with time. Longer is better than shorter, so, it's about the tour in that case. Extended time out, means seeing more and usually 2 glacier landings. But alternative options could be available. All 3 of the Juneau companies are well established giving excellent tours. I suggest you find out what tours they offer and if their schedules fit your time. 2 are ship contractors, 1 does not. Compare rates.

There is one company in Skagway, TEMSCO, so take a look at them too.

One suggestion- don't give "Mendenhall" glacier any priority. It is a single glacier in the Juneau icefield, there are many many more. It is no better/worse than any of the others, just more known. Glaciers are in a constant state of change.

Greatly appreciate your input.. We want to take the White Pass/Yukon Train in Skagway so Juneau is it. Looked at Viator's Tour Helicopter and Ice Field. We don't cruise until Aug 2015 but researching now. Thanks!

for me "best" is linked with time. Longer is better than shorter, so, it's about the tour in that case. Extended time out, means seeing more and usually 2 glacier landings. But alternative options could be available. All 3 of the Juneau companies are well established giving excellent tours. I suggest you find out what tours they offer and if their schedules fit your time. 2 are ship contractors, 1 does not. Compare rates.

There is one company in Skagway, TEMSCO, so take a look at them too.

One suggestion- don't give "Mendenhall" glacier any priority. It is a single glacier in the Juneau icefield, there are many many more. It is no better/worse than any of the others, just more known. Glaciers are in a constant state of change.