CCL Sunshine vs. RCI Navigator?

sharse

Anyone been on both? My family is currently booked on the Navigator but I'm thinking of switching to the Sunshine. Same week. Same itinerary. Same price.

We are two adults and two boys who will be 11 and 12 at the time. I think the watersides and the ropes course would be HUGE hits for my kids and Navigator doesn't have anything like that. It has a flow rider, but I've been told the lines are always super long.

It appears that the adults only pool area is larger than on the Navigator, which I expect is where hubby and I will enjoy hanging out.

Also, it seems like there are many more complimentary dining options on the Sunshine vs. the Navigator, which is a plus.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thank you!

We chose the Sunshine for the exact reasons you mentioned.

This will be our 4th Carnival cruise, but the first with ALL the 2.0 upgrades to the ship.

Looking forward to our cruise this august with my husband and 3 kids ages 15, 12, 10 and our friends family also joining us with kids ages 15, 10.

The Sunshine seems to have so much going for it I had to choose this ship for our summer vacation, regardless of some negative reviews.

I have never sailed on RCC so I can't offer any opinions regarding the line or the ship, sorry.

The Navigator was recently refurbished this year, and had some upgrades added. She does have to ice rink, flow rider, "virtual balconies", the Royal Promenade, etc. But looking at the activities on deck for you and the kids, including Serenity, WaterWorks, etc., I would go with the Sunshine (IMO).

Carnival doesn't have anything that measures up to Voyager-class RCI ships. Navigator was just refurbished with even more stuff added. If it was a smaller class vs Sunshine, maybe Sunshine, but I'd take Navigator over Sunshine any day. Voyager class delivers all the "wow" RCI talks about.

I agree with Lmaxwell.

My parents sailed the Sunshine and Navigator after both ships were drydocked. They said that there were so many more things to do with Navigator. I would keep my sailing with Royal Caribbean. You can check out a short video I you posted of Navigator yesterday.