First time on P & O - disappointed

I have been along side other ships when the sail always have been taking place and wondered what they thought as there was nothing going on over on their ship, this year I know what they thought as I was one of them, I was on Celebrity Eclipse along side Azura in Stavanger

I thought how much fun it looked over on the other side, for me it is one of the things going for P and O, I enjoy a sail away with some atmosphere, there was nothing like that on my Celebrity cruises and it was it was one thing I missed :D

Maybe I'm just a bit simple but I think there's nothing wrong with letting your hair down and maybe making a fool of yourself with a flag; after all you are never going to see these people again! For me, any chance to wave a Union Jack without being threatened by Scot Nats is a great thing!!

My hubby finds the flag waving a bit cringey but I enjoy the music and atmosphere! We like to be up on deck when we leave port - we had a classical sailaway from one port on my Atlantic cruise - that was good. Might have had it again on my Norway cruise but it was so cold up on deck we sat in a bar :)

• 1 month later...

We've just returned from the Baltic, on Azura. Everything was spotless. The staff all polite and helpful. However, we were shocked by some ignorant passengers. It costs nothing to be polite, and thank the staff. People just leaving towels, rubbish etc. on sunbeds after finishing with them. Plates piled high, then food wasted! As far as friendly and polite goes, I'm a big believer in you reap what you sow! A smile goes a long way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back to the pool towel thing... How do you get another dry towel? Do you wonder back to your cabin dripping because your towel is soggy where you have been swimming already? It would take a while to track down the steward each time. Can it be exchanged for a dry one on deck somewhere? On our Ventura trip in April there did not seem to be any deck staff, rubbish and crockery left for days!