? on booking rooms with multiple children

I am bringing my husband, myself , my boy/girl twins who will be 17 and 2 of their friends. I normally book 2 rooms and put 1 adult and 1 child in each room. I don't really want to put all four kids in one room as they are boys and girls.

I have searched through a few posts and Royal Caribbean website to see if I would be able to get three rooms with only 2 adults.

After reading these old posts and info, I am under the impression that I could book the following way:

2 connecting rooms with Myself and my daughters friend in 1 room and my twins in the connecting room and my husband and my sons friend in a non connecting room.

Since Royal waives the requirement of having an adult in each room if the rooms are connecting and they are your children, I think I would be safe.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of booking?

Yes. The policy is that the minors must be in an adjoining room (doesn't have to be connecting) or a room directly across the hall from the adults. My husband and I were in one room, our daughters in a room on one side, and our sons in a room on the other side of us. None of the rooms were connecting but we had the balcony dividers removed so we could go in and out of the balcony doors. This was on the Allure last year. I had to make the reservation over the phone though. It can't be gone on-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. The policy is that the minors must be in an adjoining room (doesn't have to be connecting) or a room directly across the hall from the adults. My husband and I were in one room, our daughters in a room on one side, and our sons in a room on the other side of us. None of the rooms were connecting but we had the balcony dividers removed so we could go in and out of the balcony doors. This was on the Allure last year. I had to make the reservation over the phone though. It can't be gone on-line.

This posting is exactly correct. I have 4 DDs and a DW I cruise with. We put the two youngest in a connecting room beside our cabin and the 2 oldest in the cabin on the other side of us (non-connecting).

We actually have found this to be cheaper than booking a family cabin (which we did a couple of years ago) and it gives you 3 bathrooms instead of just one (plus much more space).

Thank you. That's what I thought. I read a post where a grandmother was taking her granddaughter and 3 of her gd's friends in 3 rooms and she was denied boarding/had her reservation cancelled because she was not a parent or guardian of any of the girls.

Thank you. That's what I thought. I read a post where a grandmother was taking her granddaughter and 3 of her gd's friends in 3 rooms and she was denied boarding/had her reservation cancelled because she was not a parent or guardian of any of the girls.

She could have done this had she done her research. I believe this is allowed as long as she had documentation from the parents stating that she could take them on the cruise. Without it, that is what happens.

That's a different situation. You are booking your own child in a cabin that is either next to, or directly across the hall from your cabin. Each of your own children only has one friend. Your ratio is one parent to one child to one friend.

You don't even have to book one adult in each cabin if you book 3 cabins in a row, with the parent's cabin in the middle and one child/one friend in each of the other.

She could have done this had she done her research. I believe this is allowed as long as she had documentation from the parents stating that she could take them on the cruise. Without it, that is what happens.

Her issue was that none of the children were hers, so none of the children could be booked without an adult in the cabin, and there weren't enough adults to spread around. (3 cabins, only 2 adults).

But the OP can book her own child/children into a cabin with their friend, and without an adult, as long as that cabin is next to, or directly across from, the parent's cabin.

Edited by DonnaK

Thank you. The cruise is in September so I will probably have to book as stated so I can get at least 2 rooms connecting, across or next to each other and the 3rd in the general vicinity. I would also feel more comfortable having an adult/child child/child and adult/child for mustering stations. We had rooms next to each other once and had 2 different muster stations. Go figure.

Thank you. The cruise is in September so I will probably have to book as stated so I can get at least 2 rooms connecting, across or next to each other and the 3rd in the general vicinity. I would also feel more comfortable having an adult/child child/child and adult/child for mustering stations. We had rooms next to each other once and had 2 different muster stations. Go figure.

Just remember that you have to call RCI (or have your TA call) in order to configure the rooms properly. You cannot book online.

And come back to this thread and let us know how it worked out for you!

Bon Voyage!

Edited by DonnaK

You may be aware of all this, but since you are taking children not your own, be aware of the required documents. Many times you will not be asked for these documents, but if you are asked and can't produce them they could be denied boarding without refund.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=2814

Family Legal Documents

Should the last names of the parent and minor child traveling with them differ, the parent is required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) and the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy). The name of the parent(s) and the child must be linked through legal documentation.

Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.