Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

I was planning to wait until today to purchase our gift cards but double checked the end date last night. Since it said 12:00am on June 16th, I did not chance it and purchased it around 11pm last night. Carnival could have made it less confusing if they listed 11:59pm on June 15th as the cutoff. I feel bad for those who missed out, but the promotion did run for a few days.

I was planning to wait until today to purchase our gift cards but double checked the end date last night. Since it said 12:00am on June 16th, I did not chance it and purchased it around 11pm last night. Carnival could have made it less confusing if they listed 11:59pm on June 15th as the cutoff. I feel bad for those who missed out, but the promotion did run for a few days.

Where did is say it expired at 12:00 am on June 16th? I did purchase one but wanted to do another today.

If it said that--then we are all SOL.

I didn't click on any fine print or anything but the website said from whatever date until the 16th. I've never ever seen a promo give the date and mean midnight at the start of that day. What a pile of BS. Perhaps they were selling too many.

I read it in the terms and conditions last night, which now only say June 16th. Maybe they have changed the Terms and Conditions as the offer is still showing valid using the original email link today. I hope so for those that may have missed out or thought to have missed out.

Where did is say it expired at 12:00 am on June 16th? I did purchase one but wanted to do another today.

If it said that--then we are all SOL.

There are 3 sections that it mentions the promotion dates.

"Offer Valid thru June 16th." (someone should have spell checked that...)

"Offer: Buy a $200 Carnival Gift Card between June 4 and June 16 and get an additional gift card valued at 10%..." So does this mean The promotion is only good June 5-15? (I doubt it)

"Promotion ends at midnight, June 16, 2014" In the real world people would assume this means it would be good all day on the 16th until the clock struck midnight... but assuming is the dumb word here... but what time zone is this? Someone in Carnival's legal team really needs to read these things before they go live...

I read it in the terms and conditions last night, which now only say June 16th. Maybe they have changed the Terms and Conditions as the offer is still showing valid using the original email link today. I hope so for those that may have missed out or thought to have missed out.

Darn I don't have the email. : (

John Heald commented on someone's FB post on his page that yes, this deal is still valid. It was on Leanne Reeson-Ireland's post and he replied 39 minutes ago. I hope John's right!

Edited by Stacy_C

I can't find that post. Only a post that he is investigating.

It's on Leanne Reeson-Ireland's post. She posted about 4 hours ago and he posted about 30 minutes ago. She attached a screen shot from the gift card website that shows the Father's Day banner still at the top.

Called and spoke with a representative from carnival this morning due to the info being gone and he said it was still ok but I needed to buy now so I did. A $1000 gift card is what I got and never received the other 100 via email. So I called and this time the guy said he was sorry it ended on midnight of June 16 but he said they were meaning buy that when the clock struck 12 last night and fathers day was over. After I explained how a guy just helped be hours ago to buy this he said he was sorry but I missed it. Called carnival customer service and got transferred to the department that takes care of the gift cards and after 2 or 3 people I got the answer I was looking for. They told me there is a glitch in the system and I still have till 11:59 tonight to purchase due to this being the first time for this promotion ever something in the software messed up but I will have my other card with in 24 hours as not to worry the promotion is still going on till tonight.

It's on Leanne Reeson-Ireland's post. She posted about 4 hours ago and he posted about 30 minutes ago. She attached a screen shot from the gift card website that shows the Father's Day banner still at the top.

I'm not finding his post reassuring. However, since I'll use the card anyway I guess I have nothing to lose in buying one.

John Heald commented on someone's FB post on his page that yes, this deal is still valid. It was on Leanne Reeson-Ireland's post and he replied 39 minutes ago. I hope John's right!

That would be me. So I bought another one. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by mum2bradley

John Heald just posted this:

Although the Father`s Day Offer ended at 12:am June 16th, we will honor all eligible purchases made up until 11:59pm on June 16th.

cheers

Thanks for posting that Stacy! Maybe we'll have good luck after all..;)

Cool. This is almost like watching pier runners. :)

Yeah, only this is like the cruise line telling you that they leave at 5PM, be back on board by 4PM, yet the ship starts pulling out at 3PM. When the crew is confused and running down the pier with everyone, something is wrong.

If I purchase a $2000 gift card do I have the option of paying a certain amount to carnival from that one card. I plan to make payments each month and don't want to pay off the full balance because our b2b cruises are still 18 months out. Is it better to buy one single gift card or multiple gift cards? Thanks for any help in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wasn't sure of the answer to your question, so I bought 7 - $200 GCs to get $140 bonus. I want to pay off each of our B2B cruises $200 each month.

Edited by Sparky2

John Heald just posted this:

Although the Father`s Day Offer ended at 12:am June 16th, we will honor all eligible purchases made up until 11:59pm on June 16th.

cheers

Thank goodness! They may have meant for that to be the promo cutoff time-frame, but that's not how it was worded. I spent way too much time last night trying to calculate how much a specific future cruise will cost, excursions included, to cancel the transaction (or have money tied up for no reason).

I thought it was weird that a Father's Day promo would end on the Monday after the holiday. I think they just did not word it vey well.

OP - thanks for posting this! I got $1500 (plus the 150 bonus) to cover our cruise and incidentals :)

Just received the following email:

Hello ####,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We apologize for any confusion on the closing of this promotion.

The promotion did actually end at 12:00 am today June 16th.

Due to the confusion on this, we will be honoring and fulfilling any orders placed today, June 16th, until 11:59 pm EDT.

Your order will be fulfilled.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Gift Card

Janet Wiebesick