Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

Yes, for the one online directly by Carnival . . . but CCL does still offer a 10% discount on their e-gift cards through other loyalty programs (as does RCCL and one other).

I like my available option better, as I get the card for 90% of the cost and the remainder stays in my pocket, rather than being a bonus amount that must be spent with CCL. Mine is also available year-round. :)

Examples of other programs?

Yes, for the one online directly by Carnival . . . but CCL does still offer a 10% discount on their e-gift cards through other loyalty programs (as does RCCL and one other).

I like my available option better, as I get the card for 90% of the cost and the remainder stays in my pocket, rather than being a bonus amount that must be spent with CCL. Mine is also available year-round. :)

I would like to know where you did this too. I already used all mine and know we are going on the breeze which we just booked for July 27 so any help would be great. Thanks

Examples of other programs?

I would like to know where you did this too.

I'm currently acquiring the CCL gift cards through my TGI Friday's "Give Me More Stripes" loyalty program. It's part of the XTRA options.

They offer the CCL gift cards in both an e-gift version as well as a tangible card mailed to your home. The $50 card costs $45, and the $100 card costs $90, and there is no limit on quantity that can purchased at one time.

As long as I continue to 'occasionally' drop by my favorite TGIF locations after work for a nice Long Island 'break', I'll be able to take advantage of numerous travel and merchandise discounts. :)

I'm currently acquiring the CCL gift cards through my TGI Friday's "Give Me More Stripes" loyalty program. It's part of the XTRA options.

They offer the CCL gift cards in both an e-gift version as well as a tangible card mailed to your home. The $50 card costs $45, and the $100 card costs $90, and there is no limit on quantity that can purchased at one time.

As long as I continue to 'occasionally' drop by my favorite TGIF locations after work for a nice Long Island 'break', I'll be able to take advantage of numerous travel and merchandise discounts. :)

Very cool. Do you know if the charge shows up as 'restaurant' category? I would think it does if you are buying at a physical site. That would allow another 5 points/dollar (5% or more, depending on how you use it) by buying with a Chase Freedom during the quarterly bonus in that category.

Very cool. Do you know if the charge shows up as 'restaurant' category?

Just now checked my Bank Of America statement to how it was listed for the weekend purchase (as I was kinda clueless when I initially read your question).

It appears as Rewards Redemption. Will do a cut/paste below.

I really wish your initial though was correct, as BOA also does some of those quarterly rewards for restaurants and entertainment. Bummer.

REWARDS REDEMPTION

Transaction date:

07/13/2014

Card type: Mastercard

Transaction type: Purchases

Merchant description: CATALOG MERCHANT

$180.00

We are taking our first cruise on the Legend at the end of August. Can someone tell me if we can purchase these gift cards, or do we have to of cruised with Carnival before?

Thanks

No one has replied to this so I have bumped it.

If the answer is yes, how can I buy them?

No one has replied to this so I have bumped it.

If the answer is yes, how can I buy them?

No you don't have to have cruised with Carnival before to buy giftcards. Anyone can purchase them online - carnivalgiftcards dot com. You can also buy them onboard at the gift shop. Enjoy your cruise on the Legend!

Just now checked my Bank Of America statement to how it was listed for the weekend purchase (as I was kinda clueless when I initially read your question).

It appears as Rewards Redemption. Will do a cut/paste below.

I really wish your initial though was correct, as BOA also does some of those quarterly rewards for restaurants and entertainment. Bummer.

REWARDS REDEMPTION

Transaction date:

07/13/2014

Card type: Mastercard

Transaction type: Purchases

Merchant description: CATALOG MERCHANT

$180.00

OK, TY. Still a heck of a deal a 10% off.

Thank you I will have to look into that

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I have a question for DGP1111.

Is this still available? I joined TGI Friday's loyalty program and I don't see the option of 'XTRA' anywhere.

I know this is an old thread but I have a question for DGP1111.

Is this still available? I joined TGI Friday's loyalty program and I don't see the option of 'XTRA' anywhere.

TGIF discontinued that additional program, and now only has their standard Stripes loyalty benefits.

Same company that ran the one for TGIF is now doing the Verizon (and another) online site.

TGIF discontinued that additional program, and now only has their standard Stripes loyalty benefits.

Same company that ran the one for TGIF is now doing the Verizon (and another) online site.

Okay, thanks! I don't have Verizon. Guess I'll have to wait to see if the do something like the father's day deal.

• 2 months later...