Victoria port

Ballard67

so we are on the Solstice trip at the end of Aug. Our last port stop coming back from Alaska Is In Victoria. It looks like we are in port from 630pm to midnight. Its a late stop and have not been there for years, so what do folks do on there port days there,is there anything open, maybe a good suggestion for a restaurant?

so we are on the Solstice trip at the end of Aug. Our last port stop coming back from Alaska Is In Victoria. It looks like we are in port from 630pm to midnight. Its a late stop and have not been there for years, so what do folks do on there port days there,is there anything open, maybe a good suggestion for a restaurant?

Also going at the end of Aug., below is a link to a thread from a woman who got back at the end of May. There is some good info in the thread, she stated that most of downtown was closed and the dock is a few blocks from downtown. After looking at the shore excursions, I'm looking at just doing the Duck Boats, we are from the EAst Coast and never been to Seattle. BEing we are only there a few hours, we are thinking that's the best way to see things.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2050390

If you haven't been to Buchart- that would be my suggestion. The restaurants in Victoria aren't better than the food on the ship IMO. There is a little place to eat at the Gardens- that has sandwiches and soup.

In town I would do the Fairmont Empress if you want to have a dining experience. It is sort of the Centerpiece of the town.http://www.fairmont.com/empress-victoria/dining/

We did an evening ghost tour, which was a nice walking tour of the town and I really enjoyed it. http://www.discoverthepast.com/ghostly-walks/ghostly-walks-tour-list/

We were on the May 30 Solstice cruise out of Seattle. We did the Celebrity Butchart Gardens tour in Victoria. We met onshore at 6:15 pm, it is about 30 mins to get to Butchart Gardens. Check out their website.

Last August on our stop in Victoria we took the shuttle bus to downtown. It cost $5.00 US per person roundtrip. There were a few stores open. There is a shopping center about a block from where the bus drops you off. Has a Hudson Bay. Not sure how late it is open. We went to couple of the pubs and tried some of the Victoria beers and had dinner.

Last August on our stop in Victoria we took the shuttle bus to downtown. It cost $5.00 US per person roundtrip. There were a few stores open. There is a shopping center about a block from where the bus drops you off. Has a Hudson Bay. Not sure how late it is open. We went to couple of the pubs and tried some of the Victoria beers and had dinner.

Ballard67 what day of the week is the cruise in Victoria?

Hudson Bay Center referred to above is open till 9PM Thursday and Friday only, 6PM the other days which means it would be closed by the time you get there. I would recommend the Butchart Gardens tour. They are lit at night but you will still have some daytime left when you are there at the end of Aug.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Thanks all, ya I have not been up to victoria since i was a teenager, kind of funny living here Seattle so close LOL. Its always well next year, next year LOL. The one place i do remember is the royal BC Museum, the wax museum part. I love the ghost walk idea, Buschart Gardens Is a nice idea to I wonder how long it takes from disembarking to shore?

From where the ship docks, you can easily walk to town. It's about a mile or less and a flat easy walk. If you decide to Buchart- I would definitely do the ship tour just for ease. The other option is to take one of the tours buses that pick up in front of the Fairmont Empress and you can buy tickets online but with limited time- it's best to use one of the tours that pick up from the pier (i.e ship tour).

Thanks all, ya I have not been up to victoria since i was a teenager, kind of funny living here Seattle so close LOL. Its always well next year, next year LOL. The one place i do remember is the royal BC Museum, the wax museum part. I love the ghost walk idea, Buschart Gardens Is a nice idea to I wonder how long it takes from disembarking to shore?

The Wax Museum has been closed.:(

As you are docked it only takes about 5 mins to get out to the taxi. We did the Celebrity Tour, but you can hire ahead of time or wing it.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

The Wax Museum has been closed.:(

As you are docked it only takes about 5 mins to get out to the taxi. We did the Celebrity Tour, but you can hire ahead of time or wing it.

What??,,,What a shame, that was the best wax museum i had ever been in. That Is so sad. I am thinking of doing the ghost tour.