Summit hints

geneology

We are sailing on the Summit October 19 for the repo cruise we have a concierge balcony. This is our first repo cruise as well as our first time on the Summit. So for those of you who have sailed on the Summit any hints or best kept secrets we should know about. Such as where is the best spot for sail away - leaving from Bayonne NJ. Best Bar, best show, etc.. I know everyone has different tastes and experiences and that what one likes another does not. Just curious as to what you all have to say. I would like to hear all the pros :) and cons :eek: of the ship.

2usa3yvu.jpgepequbez.jpg

I hope these pics show up. This is the menu for Bistro. We were also on the June 1st sailing and loved it! I will be writing a long review with lots of photos when I get home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit*** looks like they are not focused. I'll try again when I'm back home to my laptop and not working off of my phone. Sorry for the tease!

Edited by Viva_la_Vida
correction

Just back off Summit on June 1. This was our third time. We were also Concierge class in 8095 Great and convenient location. We found we preferred the main dining room for breakfast and the service was quick. Remember however that you need to be in dining room by nine. After that you will need buffet or room service. I had room service every morning at seven bring tea, fresh squeezed oj and fruit and enjoyed it on balcony. If you do go to the buffet for breakfast, go all the way to the back area near the Sunset Bar for delicious waffles and eggs without the crowds. Martini bar is the bar with the most action and great fun. We like sail away at the Sunset Bar in the back of boat. Grab some lunch from the buffet and a drink and relax. The pizza from the buffet is available day and night and hot and delicious. You need to have a Angus burger from the pool grill!!! We like Bistro on Five for lunch at only 7.00 with no wait and well worth the little extra. They have home made ice cream free each day at the buffet by the pool entrance. You can also ask for a bowl of candies to take back to your room to enjoy later. Free. Also free is delicious cakes and pastries at the Cafe El Baccio. Yum. I spend most of my time at the indoor solarium pool and hot tubs. No wind and no children allowed so always a great way to pass away the hours at sea. Enjoy. She is a relaxing ship

• 4 weeks later...
?..If you do go to the buffet for breakfast, go all the way to the back area near the Sunset Bar for delicious waffles and eggs without the crowds. Martini bar is the bar with the most action and great fun. We like sail away at the Sunset Bar in the back of boat. Grab some lunch from the buffet and a drink and relax. You can also ask for a bowl of candies to take back to your room to enjoy later. Also free is delicious cakes and pastries at the Cafe El Baccio. Yum. I spend most of my time at the indoor solarium pool and hot tubs. No wind and no children allowed so always a great way to pass away the hours at sea. Enjoy. She is a relaxing ship

Also, at same place as waffles (at least it was the last time we were on ship) at lunch they had made to order sandwiches (panninies). It was always less crowded back there.

Summit is my favorite X ship. I just love walking outside along the waterline.

Summit is also one of our favorite ships - 3 times for us as well. We always head to Bistro on 5 when we board the ship and have a delicious lunch. It used to be $5 but maybe its gone up to $7. It's not just sandwiches - they have excellent soups and salads and the crepes for desert are excellent.

We enjoy the specialty restaurants as well. The strawberry balloon is to die for - I am not a huge dessert eater but this is one of the best I've ever had.

We've not been on the repo cruise but have been on the cruise to Bermuda out of Bayonne and have been on 2 cruises out of San Juan. I would imagine the repo cruise will hit them both and that would be a great cruise. Where to you stop in between?

There is no do-it-yourself soft-serve ice-cream on he Summit, but you can order soft-serve from the ice-cream counter (the machine is kind of hidden off to the side).

Three sets of elevators is nice (S-class only has 2).

There is music most evenings at the Sunset bar (aft).

I sailed on the summit to Bermuda June 1 cruise. Had such a great time I booked this repo while on board.

If you drink get the premium package- very much worth the extra $10 not having to worry what's included.

I found the people were really friendly- everyone was there to have a good time. I also liked Bistro on 5. Very relaxing and no wait. I found the other specialty restaurants were overpriced ($45) while the food in the main dinning room was very good.

I've seen complaints about bar service -never had a problem and all the bartenders were quick and friendly. I enjoyed the pool bar the most - I was in the shade but felt part of the action as it was centrally located.

The only thing I am changing for the next cruise is I'm brining my own body products like body wash and shampoo . I didn't care for what they provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Like everyone says - Bistro on 5. I found it very under-utilized by those on board.

Martini Bar.

The complaints about bar staff I find unfair. Just like everyone else they will have their off days. Add to the fact there are an "X"(no pun intended) amount of people who have gotten the beverage package that they wouldn't have gotten because of the 123Go.

The burgers at the grill by the pool were really good. There is also the AuquaSpa cafe has some healthy options.