Atlantis Snorkel The Ruins

perfect match

We visited Atlantis on our first visit to Nassau several years ago and went to the aquarium there. The whole day I kept saying how much I wanted to dive or snorkel in there! It's been several years, and I haven't forgotten about it. Yes, I am well aware that an aquarium dive or snorkel is very different than doing the same thing in the ocean. I do my share of ocean dives whenever I can.

I am wondering if anyone here has tried Snorkel the Ruins, and if so, can you please tell me what your experience was like. I would love to hear what you thought of the experience. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I haven't done the snorkel but I think that you have to actually be a guest at the resort to sign up.

That may have been the case in the past, but not anymore. There is a tab on the Atlantis website offering day passes. Snorkel the Ruins is $109.00. I spoke with a rep from Atlantis and the biggest drawback for me is their 2 week cancellation policy or no refund. We will be there in Sept, aka hurricane season, so I am not sure if I want to risk it. We would also have to buy a Discover Atlantis pass for my DH who does not want to swim, and also for me if I want to see the aquarium from the outside as well as from the inside. The rep quoted me the pass that also includes the beach at $69/pp, not sold in advance, only sold the day of my tour. Price starts to add up.

Our cruise line also offers Snorkel the Ruins as an excursion but they only offer it in combination with Aquaventure, give you one guess what that does to the price! I would have to book the observer/Aquaventure pass for DH, not sure if I would get to see the Aquarium from the outside, and neither of us really wants to do Aquaventure on this trip. At least doing the ship excursion would solve the problem of cancellation if the ship doesn't make port.

I would still love to hear from someone who has done Snorkel thr Ruins. I am wondering if you are rushed in and out without or if you really get a chance to enjoy the experience. If I get some good reviews, I probably will just go ahead and book it since I would only be out $109 if hurricane season doesn't cooperate. That way I will get the time slot I want. My other option would be to wait until just before we sail so I will have a better idea of what weather conditions will be.

Ahh, I didn't realize you could book it in conjunction with a day pass.

With the Aquaventure pass, you'd have access to almost everything at Atlantis (except the dolphin area and the rooms, of course. :)) But the beach pass sounds like your best best. We did the beach pass once, mainly to see more of the property, like the turtle lagoon. It used to include lunch at one of the outdoor grills but I don't know if it still does. We enjoyed it. September is slow season so I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble getting the beach pass the day you get there.

Hopefully someone who has done the snorkel will chime in. I tried a search on Trip Advisor but I didn't even find any information there, at least nothing recent.

Thanks for your input, CrusinCrow. I did a lot of searching on TA before I even posted here, and I didn't find much about Snokel the Ruins either. Most of what I found was about the dolphin and sea lion encounters. I'm amazed that no one else here seems to have done Snorkel the Ruins. Hopefully, someone will chime in because I'd love some input before I decide what to do.

Seems to me like being able to book Day Experiences with Atlantis directly is a fairly new thing. I had never seen it before. I kind of stumbled upon the Day Experience tab while browsing aroung the Atlantis site looking for info.

I am seriously considering taking a cab over to Atlantis and booking the Discover Atlantis/Beach Day at the resort. I would at least get to see the aquarium again even if I don't get to swim in it. I would have to do my swimming at the beach. The Atlantis rep I talked to said Discover Atlantis/Beach Day could not be booked online, but he did say that lunch was included. Like I need lunch with all I'll be eating on the ship! :eek:

Thanks for your input, CrusinCrow. I did a lot of searching on TA before I even posted here, and I didn't find much about Snokel the Ruins either. Most of what I found was about the dolphin and sea lion encounters. I'm amazed that no one else here seems to have done Snorkel the Ruins. Hopefully, someone will chime in because I'd love some input before I decide what to do.

Seems to me like being able to book Day Experiences with Atlantis directly is a fairly new thing. I had never seen it before. I kind of stumbled upon the Day Experience tab while browsing aroung the Atlantis site looking for info.

I am seriously considering taking a cab over to Atlantis and booking the Discover Atlantis/Beach Day at the resort. I would at least get to see the aquarium again even if I don't get to swim in it. I would have to do my swimming at the beach. The Atlantis rep I talked to said Discover Atlantis/Beach Day could not be booked online, but he did say that lunch was included. Like I need lunch with all I'll be eating on the ship! :eek:

Be cautious of a beach day on Paradise Island in September. The beach is often "red flagged" for swimming. The front desk does not get informed of this, and they sell beach passes regardless. So make sure it's swimmable before putting out $80. or so.

The MAIN beach is the only beach accessible with the beach pass.

Be cautious of a beach day on Paradise Island in September. The beach is often "red flagged" for swimming. The front desk does not get informed of this, and they sell beach passes regardless. So make sure it's swimmable before putting out $80. or so.

The MAIN beach is the only beach accessible with the beach pass.

Gosh, I would hope they would tell you the beach was red flagged. I'm sure some people would be happy just spending their time sitting on the beach. My DH would be OK with it, but being able to get into the water is important to me. I will be sure to check out the beach conditions first if we decide to do beach passes. Thanks, scubagirrl, for the reminder.

I'm still hoping that someone who has experienced Snorkel the Ruins will chime in and let me know what their experience was like. I am far more used to doing my snorkeling and diving in the open ocean than in an aquarium, so I am hoping I won't find snorkeling in an aquarium to be a let down.