Need Hotel in Ft Lauderdale for 6 people!

pmms052999

Hyatt Place convention center. For both hotels you will have to request two doubles along with the sleeper sofa. Might want to look at Doubletree Gallery One too.

Other suite hotel chains are nearer the airport.

Depending on date, you might be able to get two rooms on the discount sites at a good rate.

Hyatt House has two room suites with two queen beds in one room and a king in the other, plus sleeper sofa. A little bit further from the port but close enough. Shopping nearby.

Edited by rjack22

Hyatt House has two room suites with two queen beds in one room and a king in the other, plus sleeper sofa. A little bit further from the port but close enough. Shopping nearby.

We love the Hyatt House. They have 2 bedroom suites and full kitchens. I highly recommend them.

We love the Hyatt House. They have 2 bedroom suites and full kitchens. I highly recommend them.

I don't think the poster is looking for suites. I think he or she is looking for one room to cram everyone in for one night. I am sure the OP knows he can get ajoining rooms. He never even came back to the thread.

I don't think the poster is looking for suites. I think he or she is looking for one room to cram everyone in for one night. I am sure the OP knows he can get ajoining rooms. He never even came back to the thread.

Adjoining rooms are different than suite hotels.

The OP is obviously looking for a decent room rate. Not specifically looking to "cram" into a room. :rolleyes: At suite hotels like Embassy, Hyatt Place, Homewood Suites etc. the bonus is that the space is divided into two or more rooms with more bedding options. And they are often a great deal and less than adjoining rooms for families.

Of course...most suite hotels will offer only one bathroom. A little too "close" for me.

Adjoining rooms are different than suite hotels.

The OP is obviously looking for a decent room rate. Not specifically looking to "cram" into a room. :rolleyes: At suite hotels like Embassy, Hyatt Place, Homewood Suites etc. the bonus is that the space is divided into two or more rooms with more bedding options. And they are often a great deal and less than adjoining rooms for families.

Of course...most suite hotels will offer only one bathroom. A little too "close" for me.

Lol. I know the difference. Go back and read the op. It asks for ONE room for 6 people. Not a suite and not adjoining rooms

Lol. I know the difference. Go back and read the op. It asks for ONE room for 6 people. Not a suite and not adjoining rooms

The rooms at Doubletree Gallery One are called suites even though it is really just one big room. Our room had 2 double beds and a sofa bed so there was room for 6 people.

Thanks for the replies, most of them were very helpful. I'll definitely look into the hotels that have suites.

I believe MOST of us know how to help. And which posts to ignore. :rolleyes:

If you give us the exact date needed we can lead you to some reasonable choices. More suite hotels are located closer to the airport. But the airport is only 15 min or so from the port. Some hotels offer free airport and port shuttle services.

I believe MOST of us know how to help. And which posts to ignore. :rolleyes:

If you give us the exact date needed we can lead you to some reasonable choices. More suite hotels are located closer to the airport. But the airport is only 15 min or so from the port. Some hotels offer free airport and port shuttle services.

I had actually posted this question for my friend who is going on the cruise with us. I gave her everyone's suggestions and she plans on looking in to those hotels. Thanks again guys!

We are at the Homewood now and definitely recommend the 2 room suites for a family. We have a king bed in our room, and the 2nd bedroom has 2 queens. Both bedrooms have a full bath attached, and the living room has a sofa sleeper. Each bedroom also had a tv and there is a kitchen too. Standard hotel fare breakfast is included and a meal during the week with wine. Parking is also included, and they have a hotel shuttle.