Clothes that shriek TOURIST!

ekkc10753

Just make sure the boxers have the U.S. flag printed on them (yes, I've actually seen them) :)!

I will definitely look into this.

1. Proceed to your local Sam's Club or Costco forthwith

2. Purchase a 58-pack of ordinary "white-out" with malice aforethought

3. Return to your domicile - Remember No Speeding and No California stops!

4. Scope out nice place in the shade in your backyard

5. Obtain yourself a nice gold glass of lemonade, eye protection and Sears garden gloves

6. Initiate your quest/Knock yourself out on getting those bad boys to glow like the moon

7. If feasible, report back on any progress via this forum

I found that the Kiwi shoe polish makes "Athletic Shoe Whitener." It contains "Advanced Polymers and Whitening Agents." Sounds like its might be easier to use and I can touch up between port stops!

notwithstanding websters...

If someone tells me they are american, i assume that they are from the u.s.a. Not from canada, and not from central or south america.

Especially if i meet them on a holland cruise.

:d:d:d

I will definitely look into this.

I found that the Kiwi shoe polish makes "Athletic Shoe Whitener." It contains "Advanced Polymers and Whitening Agents." Sounds like its might be easier to use and I can touch up between port stops!

OK, but watch out for those Polymers; they're known to cheat! :cool:

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are supposed to do wonders on the white tennis shoes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They're slightly abrasive. Try them on semi gloss paint (Don't!) While they will probably remove dirt, they'll likely remove some of the high gloss sheen from my white sneakers. Sure, they'll still shout, "United Statesian Tourist" (What up, Canada?) but I want them to scream it - at the top of their little tennis shoe lungs.

They're slightly abrasive. Try them on semi gloss paint (Don't!) While they will probably remove dirt, they'll likely remove some of the high gloss sheen from my white sneakers. Sure, they'll still shout, "United Statesian Tourist" (What up, Canada?) but I want them to scream it - at the top of their little tennis shoe lungs.

How 'bout hitting your local automotive store, and picking up a can of metallic white car paint? Then you wouldn't need to waterproof those puppies :D

I was wondering if anyone knows of any products I can use to make my sneakers whiter? I plan to order a new pair before my trip, but I would like to make them glow like a full moon. I have a question on choice of shorts. Do you think big, baggy shorts or the cargo shorts would be best? (I know what you're thinking. Big, baggy, cargo shorts, in a Statue of Liberty print, worn low with boxers sticking out. Sadly, I have been unable to find any.)

I suggest you try new "Sneaker Tweaker" super-white shoe goo. It's got the whitening power of not just poly-mer but mal-de-mer.

And it's got the HAL Club Sandwich Seal of Approval. (Although I admit to being a little confused by their motto: "Club sandwiches, not seals.")

When we were in the Baltic I left my almost new sparkling white sneakers at home and took my new, European style walking sandals instead. They were light , cool, took up way less space in my suitcase and had a much better tread. Just wear my runners to the gym now NOT!! Just use them when I garden lol.

Also bought great walking shoes and I have a pair of Ahnu's which I love. Leather and with Dubbin they are waterproof in cooler climes. What makes me laugh is that the good old black and white canvas runners we used to wear 60 yrs ago are now the latest style.

Edited by Christine Frances

(Although I admit to being a little confused by their motto: "Club sandwiches, not seals.")

It's okay. It's really just a first pass at a motto. The marketing people will punch it up.

Plus one of the Dutch princesses, Margriet, was born in Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario.

The city of Amsterdam, along with many other Dutch cities in the western part of Holland, was liberated by the 1st Canadian Army in May 1945. My parents experienced it, along with thousands of other Amsterdammers, and were forever grateful to the Canadian soldiers. There is a remembrance ceremony for the fallen every 4th of May, followed by liberation day festivities the next day

My father was in the Canadian army in WW2. I don't know if he was involved in Amsterdam or not as he is now deceased.

I worry about people pretending to be Canadian. I hope they are polite:D

My father was in the Canadian army in WW2. I don't know if he was involved in Amsterdam or not as he is now deceased.

I worry about people pretending to be Canadian. I hope they are polite:D

May he rest in peace!

My father (b 1915-2004) tried to enlist in the RCAF but was declined because of a blown eardrum. He spent the war years away from his family in another country (Seattle) at the Boeing plant building B-17 bombers.

He told me that when a plane rolled off of the assembly line the test pilot would come into the plant and pull some guy off the line to fly with him. He said it really made you pay attention to what you were doing.

We lived at that time near the beach in English Bay, Vancouver. I was born in 1944 and everytime a flare would come down my dad would take his boat our and collect the parachute. My mom would then make my clothes for me from the silk.

Happy Father's Day - you daughter misses you.

My father (b 1915-2004) tried to enlist in the RCAF but was declined because of a blown eardrum. He spent the war years away from his family in another country (Seattle) at the Boeing plant building B-17 bombers.

He told me that when a plane rolled off of the assembly line the test pilot would come into the plant and pull some guy off the line to fly with him. He said it really made you pay attention to what you were doing.

We lived at that time near the beach in English Bay, Vancouver. I was born in 1944 and everytime a flare would come down my dad would take his boat our and collect the parachute. My mom would then make my clothes for me from the silk.

Happy Father's Day - you daughter misses you.

What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any products I can use to make my sneakers whiter? I plan to order a new pair before my trip, but I would like to make them glow like a full moon. I have a question on choice of shorts. Do you think big, baggy shorts or the cargo shorts would be best? (I know what you're thinking. Big, baggy, cargo shorts, in a Statue of Liberty print, worn low with boxers sticking out. Sadly, I have been unable to find any.)

My vote is for the big baggy shorts but only if you pair them with a very colourful Hawaiian shirt----untucked of course. And don't forget the bright white socks to go with the pristine white sneakers. Throw an oversized camera around your neck on a strap and you're good to go. If you don't tell anyone you're a tourist your secret should be safe. :D

My vote is for the big baggy shorts but only if you pair them with a very colourful Hawaiian shirt----untucked of course. And don't forget the bright white socks to go with the pristine white sneakers. Throw an oversized camera around your neck on a strap and you're good to go. If you don't tell anyone you're a tourist your secret should be safe. :D

You've obviously spotted my husband on vacation.......:eek:

When we were in the Baltic I left my almost new sparkling white sneakers at home and took my new, European style walking sandals instead. They were light , cool, took up way less space in my suitcase and had a much better tread. Just wear my runners to the gym now NOT!! Just use them when I garden lol.

Also bought great walking shoes and I have a pair of Ahnu's which I love. Leather and with Dubbin they are waterproof in cooler climes. What makes me laugh is that the good old black and white canvas runners we used to wear 60 yrs ago are now the latest style.

Oh my! This brings back memories.. In my teen years, those black & whites were called "Saddle shoes"