Alaska Cruises

LVDFW

Two quick questions.

Why are they Tue-Tue instead of Sun-Sun like mostly every other cruise is?

Also what are the chances of seeing the Northern Lights?

This is only a guess, but I think the sailing has to do with Seattle port traffic, and the certain ports of call traffic.

You won't see Northern Lights. First, daylight is very long in the summertime in Alaska, second, you usually have to go farther north ( winter is best).

Edited by crzndeb

A friend of mine is currently on an Alaskan cruise on a different line and asked the same question to his cruise company about the days being a Tuesday to Tuesday and they claim it is because the airfare is cheaper on Tuesdays and that 99 percent of their clientele have to fly in for the cruise. I am not sure if this is the exact reason hey do, but I have always found flights cheaper on Tuesdays myself.

Two quick questions.

Why are they Tue-Tue instead of Sun-Sun like mostly every other cruise is?

Also what are the chances of seeing the Northern Lights?

Have no idea why some cruises are on a Tuesday schedule. My Alaskan cruise on Princess leaves Whittier on a Saturday, arrives in Vancouver on the next weekend.

As far as the Northern Lights, best chance is in winter, when nights are longest. There will be only a 4 hr night when I'm in Fairbanks Aug. 18, and I might have a chance of seeing an aurora at maybe 2 or 3AM.

Here's a forecasting tool: http://www.gi.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/TravelersGuide