OBC from TA

poloxgirl

I called Princess today to find the rest of the OBC that did not show in the Personalizer. It was showing on her screen as "Special Service Order Summary" and therefore would not show up on the Personalizer. It was listed as a Bon Voyage gift from the travel agency. I had her email me a copy of it so I would have proof when I board. She was very helpful.

Every cruise I have booked is showing all credits thus far; military, TA and FCC. Loyalty credit never shows. And when I submit shareholder that always shows too. I take a printout of the personalizer entries, but there's never been a dispute. I don't understand why some of you are having trouble, since when they instituted this new system a few months ago it has been utter perfection.

The difference is some travel agents discount their cruises and people pay the discounted rate for their cruises.

Other agents rebate in OBC on the cruise and usually pay the whole price of the cruise or give "additional gifts of OBC". These are the amounts that are not showing up.

I personally prefer that my agent give me the best price up front and not rebate in OBC on the ship. Thus, I book with the agent I do book with.

The difference is some travel agents discount their cruises and people pay the discounted rate for their cruises.

As we always do.

Other agents rebate in OBC on the cruise and usually pay the whole price of the cruise or give "additional gifts of OBC". These are the amounts that are not showing up.

I personally prefer that my agent give me the best price up front and not rebate in OBC on the ship. Thus, I book with the agent I do book with.

Me too. I never need additional OBC. ;)

A TA who does group booking (meaning he/she books a number of cabins on a voyage, not that anybody in the group is affiliated with anybody else) will get amenity points to use for each booking. These points can be used to benefit the passenger or benefit the TA.

For example, on a 7-day voyage, a TA can use 2 amenity points to "gift" $25 of OBC to a cabin or 4 amenity points for $50 of OBC for a cabin.

On the other hand, the TA could use those same amenity points to increase the TA's commission by the same amounts instead of providing OBC to the customers.

It could be that TAs can cover this in several ways:

o Keep the $$ for self and share none of it with the clients

o Have the $$ go to the commission, but reduce the price to the client by that amount

o Just have the OBC go to the client for the voyage

See post #9

Just had another look for the 4 cruises we have booked. Princess Sales Promotion OBCs do show as I posted, however OBC afforded by TA's do not show on the Personalizer. My experience this type of OBC first show on your OBA and an announcement card in your cabin.

A TA who does group booking (meaning he/she books a number of cabins on a voyage, not that anybody in the group is affiliated with anybody else) will get amenity points to use for each booking. These points can be used to benefit the passenger or benefit the TA.

I understand completely. My TA does a ton of group booking and I have been booking into groups for years. The example I gave was not for group OBC but many agents now instead of discounting, give OBC as their discount.

Edited by Coral

I understand completely. My TA does a ton of group booking and I have been booking into groups for years. The example I gave was not for group OBC but many agents now instead of discounting, give OBC as their discount.

In which case the OBC may just be from amenity points and the TA keeps all of the discount he/she gets for having the group bookings.

In which case the OBC may just be from amenity points and the TA keeps all of the discount he/she gets for having the group bookings.

I am not referring to group amenity points and OBC from that.

RCCL/Celebrity does a "no discounting" policy but agents can instead give OBC as an incentive up to a certain percentage. Many agents are doing this for other lines - instead of discounting the price of the cruise on lines that they can, they are giving their discounts (in addition to group OBC if there is any) in OBC. So instead of getting $200 off of your cruise as a discount, you now get $200 OBC as a gift. This has nothing to do with group amenity points.

I have friends who are agents and this is what their company is making them do. These are not people I book with.

Edited by Coral

Just had another look for the 4 cruises we have booked. Princess Sales Promotion OBCs do show as I posted, however OBC afforded by TA's do not show on the Personalizer. My experience this type of OBC first show on your OBA and an announcement card in your cabin.

Personalizer from upcoming cruises:

8/23 - five day

Military Benefits $0.00 $50.00 $50.00

Travel Agent Promotion $25.00 $25.00 $50.00

Onboard Sales Promotion $25.00 $25.00 $50.00

Total Onboard Credits $50.00 $100.00 $150.00

8/28 - four day

Military Benefits $0.00 $50.00 $50.00

Travel Agent Promotion $25.00 $25.00 $50.00

Onboard Sales Promotion $25.00 $25.00 $50.00

Total Onboard Credits $50.00 $100.00 $150.00

10/14 - 11 days

Military Benefits $100.00 $0.00 $100.00

Travel Agent Promotion $42.50 $42.50 $85.00

Onboard Sales Promotion $100.00 $100.00 $200.00

Shore Excursion Credit $100.00 $100.00 $200.00

Total Onboard Credits $342.50 $242.50 $585.00

10/25 - 14 days

Military Benefits $250.00 $0.00 $250.00

Travel Agent Promotion $42.50 $42.50 $85.00

Onboard Sales Promotion $100.00 $100.00 $200.00

Shore Excursion Credit $100.00 $100.00 $200.00

Total Onboard Credits $492.50 $242.50 $735.00

I'm just showing these so that you can see travel agent credits are in fact showing in the personalizer for each cruise. Only thing you do not see is shareholder; too soon to submit for it. And Loyalty, which will never show.