Thanksgiving Day in Waikiki

wandergal

There are zillions of options. One of my favorite memories is the Thanksgiving buffet at Orchids at the Halekulani. It is not cheap but a wonderful experience. I usually avoid buffets but this was beautiful and delicious.

If you prefer ordering from a menu, pick a restaurant with a location that you want and see what they are offering for Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving in Hawaii. Cherie

I think there's a Thanksgiving day parade on the main street in Waikiki (I forget the name of the street).

I don't know that they would serve traditional Thanksgiving food, but you could go to a luau. We went the the Chief's Luau in Sealife park. It was one of the most fun things we have ever done. The Chief made it seem like we were all at a party at his place, rather than being in a herd with 100's of others.

Hang out at the beach during the day.....any of these things will make you want to give thanks that you are in Hawaii. :)

There are lots of places to eat on every holiday. We have spent several Thanksgiving Days there in recent years. Many restaurants offer special menus for the day, but most of them seem to have buffets. If you want to eat somewhere "special" on Thanksgiving Day like Orchids, you should try to make reservations well in advance. It is a big day for the local residents as well as tourists to dine out.