Dream - New Orleans

CrusinCyndi

We will be sailing on the Dream Aug 3-10. Upon returning, our flight out is not until early evening, so we don't need to leave the ship early.

My question is, should we book Carnival transportation to the airport or should we try to find a van or something. There will be 5 of us. I hate the thought of sitting around the airport, but had no choice in our flight times.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Check to see if you are able to use Luggage Express. They will take your bags the last night then take them to the airport and you won't have to worry about them until you arrive at your home airport. Loved using it for our group of 13 out of Fort Lauderdale.

Then you could take a cab to the French Quarter to visit the sites! Have fun!

We had a late afternoon flight on Southwest out of MSY. You can't check-in until four hours before your flight and your pre-security options at the airport are limited. I would find something to do that morning and head to the airport early afternoon.

Cabs were plentiful in that area when we cruised from NOLA in January. It cost us $30 (for 2 people) to get from airport to French Quarter so I'm assuming it would be about the same to get back. We rented a car right outside the port and drove home so that's why I'm not sure the rate getting back to the airport.

We will be sailing on the Dream Aug 3-10. Upon returning, our flight out is not until early evening, so we don't need to leave the ship early.

My question is, should we book Carnival transportation to the airport or should we try to find a van or something. There will be 5 of us. I hate the thought of sitting around the airport, but had no choice in our flight times.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I suggest that you book a post-cruise excursion through Carnival. You will get on the bus outside of the port terminal. They typically will keep your luggage securely stored on the bus during the excursion. And then they drop you off at the airport after the excursion is over. Its a very convenient and fun way to spend the extra time between your cruise and your flight.

did a cruise out of NOLA. I recommend a post-cruise excursion. a taxi ride to and from the airport (only) is a per person fare (like $30 for first two, then a price i cannot remember each after, can't remember). if not, rent a vehicle for a few hours from Budget/Avis or Hertz, then you will have more freedom on place to look around, plus you will have luggage stored in the vehicle.

I suggest that you book a post-cruise excursion through Carnival. You will get on the bus outside of the port terminal. They typically will keep your luggage securely stored on the bus during the excursion. And then they drop you off at the airport after the excursion is over. Its a very convenient and fun way to spend the extra time between your cruise and your flight.

I checked and there is no post-excursion available...bummer