Catholic Church in Adelaide

We will be in Adelaide on a Sunday and would be interested in attending mass while in port. Which Catholic Church would be closest to the cruise terminal? Is it walkable from there? Thank you for any help you can provide.

I dont think any are walkable from the cruise terminal. You could take the ships shuttle into the City , which will drop you off near the Rundle Mall . From there its about 4 blocks to the Catholic Cathedral.

A good resource for you to use is the Catholic Archdioces of Adelaide parish finder... www.adelaide.catholic.org.au/parishes-and-mass-times/browse-by-deanery-area (note terminal would be Western suburbs on this finder) It will also show you mass times etc for your choice selection.

If you're not planning on doing any site seeing while in Adelaide, and just want a service close to the terminal, "Our Lady of the Visitation" in Taperoo is the closest to the cruise terminal I can see (about 4km from terminal).

If you want to see the city of Adelaide while in Port, then a mass at St Francis Xavier Cathedral is right in the center of Adelaide in Victoria Square. A very good starting point for seeing the city.

P.S - we are known as the "city of churches" you know....:)

Edited by Lanwood

A good resource for you to use is the Catholic Archdioces of Adelaide parish finder... www.adelaide.catholic.org.au/parishes-and-mass-times/browse-by-deanery-area (note terminal would be Western suburbs on this finder) It will also show you mass times etc for your choice selection.

If you're not planning on doing any site seeing while in Adelaide, and just want a service close to the terminal, "Our Lady of the Visitation" in Taperoo is the closest to the cruise terminal I can see (about 4km from terminal).

If you want to see the city of Adelaide while in Port, then a mass at St Francis Xavier Cathedral is right in the center of Adelaide in Victoria Square. A very good starting point for seeing the city.

P.S - we are known as the "city of churches" you know....:)

Thank you for your help. I had looked at the website you mentioned but wasn't sure where the ship docked. Not sure yet of our sightseeing plans but always enjoy visiting a new church if possible.