Eclipse for the first time

miss travel

Hi

What is the Eclipse like? A wonderful ship, Great Staff, plenty to do, plenty to eat !What are the goods things about this ship? Molecular Bar, Great Staff, Cafe al Bacio, gym, Glass Blowing Artists and shows, Martini Bar, great size ship, never seemed too crowded, good food, took me to great places.Anything you dislike about this ship? They made me get off after 14 nights!!

It is a wonderful ship. Enjoy !

Woody

Edited by rwr235

We have two cruises booked on the Eclipse this year. Thoroughly enjoyed everything on our Transatlantic. Just go and enjoy. If you are looking for problems before you go then perhaps it isn't the right cruise:rolleyes:

Agree with everyone else, had a great time. Rendezvous Bar, Molecular Bar & grabbing a takeaway tea at the buffet on sea days to drink at the Celebrity Life talks were my favourite on board activities :)

Perry Grant is on this ship and Sue Denning is CD...both great assets to Celebrity in our opinion. Eclipse also has Qsine sp. restaurant (not all S class ships do). We are booked again on her next year.

Perry Grant is on this ship and Sue Denning is CD...both great assets to Celebrity in our opinion. Eclipse also has Qsine sp. restaurant (not all S class ships do). We are booked again on her next year.

Do you know if they will still be there in November?

Why do I remember reading that Sue left and there will be a new person from NCL taking her place? I thought he was going to be on the Eclipse for two months or so...

We thought the Eclipse was a beautiful ship. I'd describe her as contemporary and one of the more modern ships but without losing the feel of cruising. The layout is nice and the central atrium going all the way up is stunning. Compared to other ships I think she is more light and airy and there seemed to be more central elevators so never remember seeing any queues even when coming back from ports when generally the lifts are busy. The martini bar was really nice and had a great vibe. I loved the glass blowing studio, but that may be personal interest, I've read some mixed reviews about the lawn but personally I liked it, it added something different and we enjoyed playing games on the lawn. The art work around was ship was more modern than traditional paintings, but again for me this added to the contemporary feel of the ship which we loved.

Why do I remember reading that Sue left and there will be a new person from NCL taking her place? I thought he was going to be on the Eclipse for two months or so...

You are right, we were on the Eclipse in May and Sue said she was leaving for holiday in June. Someone asked when she'd be back and she said she wasn't sure and hadn't looked at her schedule that far in advance. I got the impression she was just really looking forward to her time off but hadn't looked at what was next. I'm not surprised at this with how hard she seemed to work.

Thank you all for your lovely replies. It is our first time with Celebrity, I was a bit anxious as I read some not so good reports about them. But reading what you all said I am really looking forward to my first cruise on The Eclipse:):)

Thank you all for your lovely replies. It is our first time with Celebrity, I was a bit anxious as I read some not so good reports about them. But reading what you all said I am really looking forward to my first cruise on The Eclipse:):)

And you don't even have to travel a long way to get to the ship! Lucky you.

You will thoroughly enjoy the Eclipse for all the reasons above and many of your own. My DH and I have our second cruise on her this June and can't wait. The entire layout is wonderful and doesn't feel crowded the majority of the time. Make sure that you investigate all the nooks and crannies as that is lots of fun. Try as many new things as you can tolerate, but don't overdue. The cabins are very well equipped and it is easy, IMO, to find a place for everything. I love the early mornings; most people are not up, the food is very fresh, and it is quiet. The beds are comfortable and relaxing if the morning isn't your thing.

Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy!:cool: