OBC credit for all cabins except window suite

AZJerry

In my daily price checking for our upcoming cruises I saw that the web site is now showing a $50/pp credit for all cabin types on one of the cruises. We called Princess to get the promotion added and was told that, yes, suites get the promotion but window suites don't qualify for that promotion. Sure enough, if I try to book another window suite the credit doesn't appear while the credit does appear for a full suite.

While it's only $100 total it is a bit disappointing that Princess, for whatever reason, has decided that 6 out of the 1556 cabins don't qualify.

S0B7SlhbNcCAQCgUAgEAib8f8CFsQW+R7sBQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I agree! Tried twice to get someone to give us the OBC. I explained that there is no indication that Window Suites are not included until you go through the whole booking process. Doesn't seem right - as you point out, only 6 cabins on the entire ship are not included in the OBC? Waaaa, Waaaa:(

Guess we will have to make sure to drink $50 each in Mimosas to make up for our loss!:D

Or to look at it another way, spend $50 pp less to deprive Princess of that money. Of course, that affects your trip enjoyment.... :rolleyes:

We did get OBCs for our cruise on the CB this August when the price dropped a whole $1 pp. This is for our cruise on the CB next April. There's plenty of time for price drops and/or OBCs before then.

Another interesting thing is that for both our CB cruises only two window suites are booked. Understandable for next April but I would expect August to be filling up by now.

Edited by AZJerry

Just curious. Are the Window Suites priced below the other suites?
Usually. They are often priced just above mini-suites. Usually, suites are not included in promotions or fare discounts. In this case, I am assuming that the OP is paying less for the window suite than they are for a full suite. Edited by Pam in CA

Yes, we're paying quite a bit less than the full suites go for.

There's still 2 months until the August cruise. It'll be interesting to see how fast the remaining 4 window suites go. Maybe a price reduction or, more likely, used for upsell offers I would guess.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing in a Window Suite on the Golden next year.

It was almost $600 less than the typical mini-suite that we book--AA--under old system--MA? now.

We look forward to the suite perks. All the window suites for this cruise in January are fully booked!