Are there Irons on the CB? Leaving tomorrow and want to know if I need to buy one.

geofg

Does anyone know if there are irons in the cabin on the caribbean princess?? I am leaving for fla today and my cruise is tomorrow, so I need to know if I need to make another trip to target to get a travel iron. Thanks!!!

Princess has self serve laundry facilities on their ships which include irons and ironing boards. The washers and dryers are $1 each but the irons and ironing boards are free for passengers use. So, leave the travel iron at home! ;)

i always bring my travel iron because there is one iron maybe two in the laundry room and always being used and i don't want to have to wait! so i just pack my light weight travel iron with my clothes and never had a problem or you can just send your things out to be pressed..have done that too...enjoy your cruise Chef Brian:D

In my opinion, smoking in the cabins is a far greater fire hazard than irons. Also I am curious, where can the policy about irons be found. I don't recall ever seeing it on Princess FAQ, etc. ..... an urban legend perhaps?

I have always taken an iron and leave it unplugged in plain sight on the desk so the steward knows it's unplugged. Never been spoken to about the iron nor had it taken. I have never seen anything in writing re irons. If anyone has, I'd love it see it.

I am not trying to be difficult, but as I asked, were is it written? Previous poster says it is in the "rules". There is plenty of written info about liquor, dress code, embarkation, debarkation, I would think that no irons is important enough to be included in all the info about liquor, etc. Also, I always bring a steamer, is that against the rules. Again, if you don't know where it is written it is not necessary to reply as I would view that as an opinion. (As you may have noticed I am very anal/retentive, please forgive ;) me).

Common sense and rules are two differnt things. I know on Carnival AND Royal its in the information pack that is sent us about what is not allowed.

---

same thing can be said for jeans in the dining room...nothing is at all stated about jeans--only tank tops and shorts.

Just to make this stop, I found the info IN WRITING about irons and other items that are prohibited on Princess Cruises.

Here is the info and a link to the page on the Princess Website:

3. NOTICE CONCERNING SAFETY AND SECURITY.

Carrier has the right to prohibit items from being brought on board that may pose a safety hazard. These include but are not limited to utensils, tools and certain types of sporting equipment that may be used as a weapon, firearms, flammable substances (except for limited quantities of personal care toiletries), explosives, irons, heating devices, candles, certain types of recreational wheeled transportation devices or any other item that Security personnel may identify as a potential threat to safety.

And the link directly to the Princess Website:

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage.html

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage.html

PRINCESS CRUISES PASSAGE CONTRACT

3. NOTICE CONCERNING SAFETY AND SECURITY.

Carrier visits a large number of ports in numerous countries around the world. At any given moment there are likely to be “trouble spots” in the world in terms of crime and/or war or terrorist actions. Accordingly, it may be necessary to change the published cruise or shore excursion itinerary. Any such changes are for Your safety and beyond our control. While Carrier endeavors to provide reasonable protection for Your comfort and safety onboard its ships, Carrier cannot guarantee freedom from all risks associated with war, terrorism, crime or other potential sources of harm. Carrier reminds all passengers that they must ultimately assume responsibility for their actions while ashore. The United States Department of State and other similar government agencies regularly issue advisories and warnings to travellers giving details of local conditions in specified cities and countries according to such agency’s perception of risks to travellers. Carrier strongly recommends that passengers and their travel agents obtain and consider such information when making travel decisions.

Carrier has the right to prohibit items from being brought on board that may pose a safety hazard. These include but are not limited to utensils, tools and certain types of sporting equipment that may be used as a weapon, firearms, flammable substances (except for limited quantities of personal care toiletries), explosives, irons, heating devices, candles, certain types of recreational wheeled transportation devices or any other item that Security personnel may identify as a potential threat to safety.

It has always amazed me that those that make the biggest fuss, then are proved wrong, do not return to the post to say "OK you have proved me wrong". It takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong then one that insists they are right without anything to back up their statement.

Hi Gang,

I've just gone through Princess's brochures for the Panama Canal and Australia/South Pacific.

TRUST ME, there is nothing in either brochure about a prohibition against bringing irons on board. I have criuised on 5-6 different cruise lines and always taken my travel iron (after all that's why they make them...for travelling). It's always been in the open unplugged and never been confiscated.

Coming to think of it my dive knife has been in the open and it's never been taken either (security checks all luggage...not!!!).

While it makes sense not to leave an iron unattended, the same can be said for (and God strike me down for this) cigarettes & cigars. Until it is published by the cruise lines and part of your cruise package, then I believe it's reasonable to take it with you, regardless of the iron police we tend to see on the threads.

Unless you can provide the regulation/security directive/law that says otherwise and you can back up the statements with factual information, I don't believe it's right for anyone on these threads to be giving out info that is not the written policy of the cruiseline.

Pack your travel iron...that's why they're manufactured...for travel.

Ciao for now!!!

It has always amazed me that those that make the biggest fuss, then are proved wrong, do not return to the post to say "OK you have proved me wrong". It takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong then one that insists they are right without anything to back up their statement.

Thank you for the link. I've never read the fine print. I also never said I was right. I just wanted to see where the "rule" was and you and bdenni showed it to me.

Hi Again,

What the Passage Contract says is that the carrier has the right to prohibit irons. It does not say that irons are prohibited. There is a distinct difference between the two.

Ciao for now!!!

Only a lawyer or someone who enjoys arguing minutiae would make such a claim. I assume that by the same standard, weapons, firearms or any of the other items listed in the same sentence aren't banned either. Try to bring any of those things onboard and be prepared for them to exercise their right to prohibit them. :)

I've asked three different Princess cabin stewards, and all of them said it was fine to have them in the stateroom.

That's all well and good and I have no doubt that many cabin stewards turn a blind eye to such violations (after all they may not want to jeopardize their tips) but they don't make policy for the cruiseline. If the line decides to enforce the ban, telling them that three cabin stewards have told you it is fine with them won't hold much water.

The same mentality exhibited by those stewards, is reflected when rules about reserving chairs by the pool, or allowing children in adult areas, or smoking in non-smoking areas are not enforced. It is a bit self-serving to claim that it is okay when the stewards ignore the "no irons" policy but not okay when they fail to enforce the other policies.

Archived