Quantum Chef's Table update

The Chef's Table dining time has been changed to 6:30 PM for all sailings according to and email I received today.

Some might have opted not to book due to the 7:30 time may be tempted to do so now, especially with the OBC offer for 3 or more specialty bookings or first night bookings.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International as your cruise line of

preference. We are happy that you have chosen to book Chef's Table at Chops

Grille. We would like to advise you that the start time for the Chef's

Table on Quantum of the Seas has been changed to from 7:30PM to 6:30PM for all days.

Your reservations have been moved to this time. If this is not

convenient for you or you would like to change to another day you may go

online at RoyalCaribbean.com to make changes or you may contact our web

desk at 1-800-398-9819 for help. Thank you for your understanding and we

look forward to welcoming you onboard the Quantum of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

As the attire for the Chef's Table and The Grande Restaurant are both FORMAL, they have relaxed what is formal to some extent now for both venues.

Cocktail dresses, gowns or dressy pantsuits are appropriate for women.

A jacket is required for men, along with pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sports shirt (must have sleeves) or sweater.

The RCI website still defines formal as

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

We got the same email. I'm OK with 6:30pm - 7:30 felt a bit late, 7pm is what we always prefer...so a compromise.

Our existing Chef's Table reservation in the Cruise Planner Calendar still says 7:30. Is that what everyone else is seeing? I'm afraid to call to get it updated on the calendar because I have a (surprising?:rolleyes:?) lack of trust in them, and worry that a change will cause everything else to go haywire.

I'm still ignoring the fact that when I click on 'Entertainment - All Entertainment', everything I booked so far is in there twice - (ie 2-Momma Mias, 2 Sonic Odyssey, etc. Except for the time difference in Chef's Table everything else in our 'Full Calendar' is correct.

As the attire for the Chef's Table and The Grande Restaurant are both FORMAL, they have relaxed what is formal to some extent now for both venues.

Cocktail dresses, gowns or dressy pantsuits are appropriate for women.

A jacket is required for men, along with pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sports shirt (must have sleeves) or sweater.

The RCI website still defines formal as

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

I was looking forward to true formal at Grande and wonder why it isn't suit and tie for men? I've also read on other threads that guests are being told a shirt and tie is OK for men. I can see Chef's Table being Smart Casual but liked the idea of formal for Grande.

I was looking forward to true formal at Grande and wonder why it isn't suit and tie for men? I've also read on other threads that guests are being told a shirt and tie is OK for men. I can see Chef's Table being Smart Casual but liked the idea of formal for Grande.

Well, It does now say 'Jacket Required' and not requested.

I think if they enforce this rule, it will be better than the current situation on many sailings, where the dress code is starting to only be seen as a request.

I do hope that the main effect of 'The Grande Restaurant', formal every night, is a return to one venue where more 'participate' and do go for actual formal attire.