Taxi fare to Fairbanks airport from Westmark Hotel

mort&fran

We will be renting a car after our HAL cruise/tour ends in Fairbanks, but will need to get to the airport to pick it up. (Enterprise has an in-town location, but it closes before our tour ends.) Does anyone have an estimate for what taxi fare would be from HAL's Westmark hotel to the airport?

We live in Fairbanks. Our home is located much farther from the Fairbanks International Airport than the Westmark. Taxi fare from the airport to our home, including a generous tip, is $40.00. The Westmark is about nine or ten miles from the airport, so I would guess that the taxi fare is less than $20.00. Hopefully someone who has actually taken a taxi from the Westmark to the airport will comment.

But I see a Westmark shuttle around town, including seeing the shuttle dropping off folks at the airport. It is a smallish van so they may not advertise it as they don't have the capacity to move large numbers of folks on cruise tours. Have you considered calling the Fairbanks Westmark directly and just asking. If you do call, don't tell them you are ending a cruise tour or they will want to charge you for a transfer.

Ah. Not mentioning our being on a cruise is a good suggestion - when I called (and did mention that we will be on a cruise) I was told to contact HAL as they provide the shuttle service.

HAL said the shuttle fare is $15 pp, so if the taxi fare is in the $20 range that would be great.