Booked Holiday Inn Express on Commercial

boilerupcruiser

I called the hotel but did not ask the distance to cruise port. My mIn concern was airport shuttle, which they have and also shuttle to cruise port which they use a third party for $8 each. You sign up for shuttle when you check in. They also have a pool, free wifi, and complimentary breakfast which I was also looking for. Don't need much for breakfast since we'll be on the Caribbean Princess eating too much all week. Now just trying to figure out dinner for 4th of July.

boilerupcruiser: According to their website there is no airport shuttle to the Commercial Blvd location from FLL. Is the hotel hooking you up with an independent shuttle as they do to the port in the morning? Actually, $8 p/p is a good rate considering that hotel is close to 30 minutes away from the port. It is located in a office park condo neighborhood; a couple fast food and franchise restaurants are a long mile away in either direction, so plan to cab for a decent meal.

The 17th St location that CRUISEWITHH is asking about is only a few minutes away from the port and has tons of restaurants and shops a short walk away--though considerably more expensive on a holiday weekend. Any other off-season date and it would be the same rate as Commercial Blvd.

Best way to find out what restaurants are nearby is to plug the hotel address into google maps (or similar site) and pan around the neighborhood.

Edited by fishywood

boilerupcruiser: According to their website there is no airport shuttle to the Commercial Blvd location from FLL. Is the hotel hooking you up with an independent shuttle as they do to the port in the morning? Actually, $8 p/p is a good rate considering that hotel is close to 30 minutes away from the port. .

As far away as they are from the port and airport, I'm surprised they have a shuttle.

$8 sounds really cheap. It is a LONG way from the airport. Make sure the shuttle isn't for the GA airport.

I would cab it to the Village Grill or Aruba for dinner. Both in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. $20 cab fare.

Any reason you are staying at this location?

A google search has the Holiday Inn Express on Commercial Dr. 12 miles from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood airport and 11 miles to Port Everglades. Called the hotel to confirm my findings. Since there are no close restaurants, several of them deliver, problem solved. I appreciate all of the responses.

A google search has the Holiday Inn Express on Commercial Dr. 12 miles from Fort Lauderdale Hollywood airport and 11 miles to Port Everglades. Called the hotel to confirm my findings. Since there are no close restaurants, several of them deliver, problem solved. I appreciate all of the responses.

I don't think you understand the traffic.

Here twelve miles is 30 minutes in traffic.

Since you seem to closed to helpful comments, like, stay elsewhere, the hotel isn't convenient to anything you want to do, why did you ask?