breeze or glory?!

laurrbarr

Hello all!! Going on carnival for the first time in 10 years (heard its improved ) im really torn between the breeze and glory though. Both leave from miami which isn't a problem. Breeze is obviously a much newer, bigger boat but not liking the itinerary ( key west, cayman island, cozumel) while glorys is half moon cay, st maarten, san juan, grand turk, love it! Just nervous the boat wont be as nice!! Please help me decide!!!!!!:eek:

Hello all!! Going on carnival for the first time in 10 years (heard its improved ) im really torn between the breeze and glory though. Both leave from miami which isn't a problem. Breeze is obviously a much newer, bigger boat but not liking the itinerary ( key west, cayman island, cozumel) while glorys is half moon cay, st maarten, san juan, grand turk, love it! Just nervous the boat wont be as nice!! Please help me decide!!!!!!:eek:

I've cruised on the Breeze and it an amazing ship, but the Glory has a a lot of the same features. The itinerary for the Glory looks amazing, I'd choose that cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have been on the Glory 4 times and it is a really nice ship. I'm booked on the Breeze in July and am looking forward to a bigger ship. That being said, I think the itinerary on the Glory seems better in your case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've sailed on the Glory, but not since her refurbishments, and was just on the Breeze last summer. I usually pick the Breeze because it's newer, and the Glory does has more/better ports (IMHO), but this is one time I would pick the Breeze because she's going to Key West, which I have been trying to get to for awhile. I think you'll enjoy the Breeze

My husband and I have been on the Legend, ecstasy, dream, paradise and this last time we went on Glory. It was our least favorite of the ones so far. We had the same itinerary or close to it. We went to Half Moon Cay and was beautiful. We loved the Eastern itinerary however Glory was not a top of ours. We are not picky people and don't complain about much. The dining room had the new "American dining" and we were so used to the old menus the new ones were not our favorite. The pool at the back of the boat was nice bc it was adult only and had a solarium to come it when it rained so that was a bonus however the next level up is where that solarium is so it eliminates a huge amount of deck space we found for lounging. Everyone was friendly and great no problems just not our favorite layout. The breeze is in the same category as Dream and we loved it however we prefer the smaller ships in general but we would go on any if it means a cruise lol the glory is def dated in areas. I was expecting a gorgeous lobby and compared to others it's a let down in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glory has playlist and hasbro so that is 2 strikes against her. Not sure what the Breeze has but if it has the old style production shows definitely the Breeze.

If both have playlist than would do the Breeze as it is the newest ship in the fleet.

My husband and I have sailed the Glory two years in a row with the itinerary of Nassua, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. These ports were super. ( We don't care for Nassua but the rest were out of this world.) My vote says, pick the Glory! You won't be disappointed!

;);)

I'm looking at the same decision right now.. my first Carnival cruise was on the Breeze last year and I would sail her again in a heartbeat. HOWEVER, while searching the amenities that the Glory has, a lot of the things we liked on the Breeze, the Glory has (punchliner, guys burgers, piano bar, karaoke, nightclub, etc) but on a smaller scale. Tough call.. but if you're going off the itinerary I would definitely go for the Glory, GRAND TURK IS AMAZING. It's on our list to go again.

Good luck!

I was facing the same decision this past Sunday and decided to take both! I'm doing back to backs ... the breeze on the 29th of this month and the glory on July 5! I can't wait!

When are you traveling? If it's after I return I'll be sure to give you my opinion on both.

My husband and I have sailed the Glory two years in a row with the itinerary of Nassua, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. These ports were super.

;);)

I have similar question, which one have most interesting itinerary (option A-C)? Would it still be "B"?

A) Carnival Glory: Cozumel; Belize; Roatan Island; Georgetown

B) Carnival Conquest: Half Moon Cay; St. Thomas; San Juan; Grand Turk

C) Carnival Breeze: Grand Turk; La Romana; Willemstad, Curacao; Aruba (8 nights vs. other 7 nights), most expensive so is this worth of extra cost?)

Is there big differences between ships? We haven't never sailed in Caribbean before.

We are planning to sail on Sept so which one have lowest 'Hurricane route' possibility?

Edited by Arctic Ace

Yes Breeze is newer, and has one or two more dining options that Glory doesn't, and only difference would be in the MDR, Glory has the "new" menu, which some dont seem to like but others do. (I cannot comment have not done the new menu yet). But if you have not been on Carnival in 10 years than this would probably not be an issue. Old menu, new menu, both look good to me.

If itinerary is very important to you than you should probably go with that. I happen to like both, so it would be reeeeaally hard for me to decide. Then go with price, and cabin choice as well as itinerary. Also check out each ship on Carnival website and see if Breeze has some new bells and whistles that could lure you. Lots of work for you, but it comes down to what you would like and not what we tell you is best. (you have to do your homework)

Whichever you choose have a great cruise.

Edited by SMSACE6

I was facing the same decision this past Sunday and decided to take both! I'm doing back to backs ... the breeze on the 29th of this month and the glory on July 5! I can't wait!

When are you traveling? If it's after I return I'll be sure to give you my opinion on both.

Chose the glory for july 26! Please let me know how it was :) enjoy both cruises!!

Chose the glory for july 26! Please let me know how it was :) enjoy both cruises!!

I am happy to. I might forget so please quote the earlier post again so I will get a notification in email. THANKS!