Our amazing trip to Bermuda on the Summit: pictures, tips, guides, and opinions

Viva_la_Vida

Thank you so much for this review! We are leaving on the 29th and are so excited! Happy to read such a positive review! I am confused about the mini martini issue though with the Classic Package. I am quite certain someone from Celebrity (possibly in an email) had told me that I could get a mini martini. Of course I can't find that email now. I have posted the question on this board and hopefully they will reply. I would like clarification on that. I want to make sure I can have my appletini ;)

Aha! I found the email. I won't post it here, but I will post it on the thread I created. They said I could get martinis on the Classic Package. They didn't specifically say "mini" martinis - just that martinis were available

6-3 Continued

Some inclement weather

I captured the rain coming for us.

14380925386_fc78d87535_b.jpgDSC_0384 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217428878_6cd47af712_b.jpgDSC_0387 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217394969_ef8e8d6825_b.jpgDSC_0390 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217598707_da71a54077_b.jpgDSC_0391 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217418478_d7975f4dc3_b.jpgDSC_0393 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217413368_ed8860fb5c_b.jpgDSC_0396 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Considering the weather, we decided to make use of the Solarium and T-pool (the outside pools were still drained anyway) The Thalassotherapy pool was heated and had four spouts that rose high in the air and blasted a stream of water down. Each had a different water flow/pressure. It was nice to stand underneath them and have the knots in my back relaxed. There were also two side segments with rolling beam type things you could sit on. They were popular. I sat by the pool in a padded lounger for a while to read before making my way to the pool bar. While there, raindrops began to descend again and the pool area really emptied out. The rain stopped just about as soon as it started and the sun actually came out, so we got some prime real estate and then made use of the hot tubs. ***Tip: When it starts to rain, just go to the bar and wait it out. You’ll get the best loungers right after it stops!***

Back to the buffet and it was beef korma for Marc. Nachos, a delicious Asian tofu salad, and of course, great ice cream for me. I loved the ice cream selection and toppings! Peanut butter was best, but I just saw it out one day.

I had heard a lot of chatter about 54 Below. I’m not so into Broadway, but the guest our week was Karen Mason. She had been in Hairspray and was well-respected, so I figured I shouldn't miss it. I went alone to the 7pm show, so no opinions from DH here. There were a lot of songs I didn't know and some I did. I think kids would be bored as it was simply singing, no dancing or anything flashy. She had a big voice and did a good job. I don’t regret going, but it wasn't a highlight either. Marc picked me up from the theater and we headed for dinner, sans reservations (we like to live dangerously, ha!). We waited about 20 minutes for a table for two around 8:15pm. We were seated by a port hole this time and didn't like it as much. We decided from then on we would only request seating by the railing, even if it meant waiting longer. Once you find your favorite, it’s hard to go back to other things. Tonight I had Tuna carpaccio (good) and New York Strip ordered medium rare. In actuality, it was more on the rare side, but that was OK with me. It was excellent. Marc and the tomato soup and the veal and he found them both delicious. WARNING: graphic chocolate description ahead! May cause mouth watering and intense cravings. Not recommended for diabetics or women who are pregnant. So I love chocolate, but not so much chocolate cake. I had heard so much about the chocolate lava cake though, I had to try it. I’M SO GLAD I DID. What I received in front of me was the smallest dessert all week. An espresso-cup-sized, coffee colored lump with a small dollop of whipped cream on the side and glistening red coulis drizzled onto the plate.” OK, really, this is what’s so great?”, I thought. Tentatively, the fork went in and suddenly, the liquid chocolate burst forth and the inner layer of moist, chocolaty heaven was revealed. It was very rich and perfectly balanced with the whipped cream. It also went perfectly with the delicious espresso. I savored every bite. My only regret was not getting another one. ****Tip. Get the chocolate lava cake. Just do it. And don’t be ashamed or afraid to ask for another one.**** Once again, I owe the people of CC a big “Thank You”!

After that rich dinner, we had a quiet movie night in the room and went to bed early in order to be out early for Bermuda.

What a great review! Thanks so much.

Wednesday, June 4th

I was up at 7am too excited to sleep. I could still feel us rocking just a bit, so I knew we hadn't docked yet. Excellent, because I was looking forward to seeing that. On the way up to deck 11, I tried a fancy Bacio coffee that had fruit. It was part of the premium package and was good, but the time it took for the barista to figure out how to make it was so long that I stuck with the basics from then on. I got a pic of the empty Cafe while waiting.

14217408838_3ae3d7fc53_b.jpg

DSC_0398 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

I headed up to deck 11 with the camera. It was so windy that it blew the lid right off my coffee! The sail up was stunning, all turquoise water and verdant land dotted with white-roofed houses. I could not stop taking pictures, so I’ll let them do the talking.

14217389998_b2530f3351_b.jpg

DSC_0406 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14404010705_4499428be0_b.jpg

DSC_0408 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14402664112_883823e493_b.jpg

DSC_0411 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217545147_6678d3e49c_b.jpg

DSC_0417 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14424153043_f2e4cc6ab3_b.jpg

DSC_0419 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Wednesday, June 4th Continued

Back down to the room to wake up Marc and watch the rest of the show from our balcony.

The Norwegian Breakaway was already pulled in ahead of us.

14400600691_c23cb33b15_b.jpg

DSC_0428 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14402818284_7847041f86_b.jpg

DSC_0447 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14400543351_20d9957858_b.jpg

DSC_0456 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14402568692_e47c42e38f_b.jpg

DSC_0458 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

She’s massive with nearly double the passengers compared to the Summit. 4,800 vs 2,500. Lots of her passengers were out on their balconies and screaming their good mornings at us as we sailed past.

14217206559_5b31726195_b.jpg

DSC_0482 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14424041423_a84016de90_b.jpgDSC_0472 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Our new view for the next 2 ½ days meaning we parked port side facing the dockyard.

14402690104_a42fd29b9d_b.jpg

DSC_0504 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217197978_94934bdb92_b.jpgDSC_0497 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217152709_8ddf5fb25c_b.jpg

DSC_0506 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Well, Fodors didn’t use any photoshop on the water color. Looks like a perfect match.

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/122541874@N04/14217338157/]14217338157_2f9f526565_b.jpg[/url]

DSC_0514 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We pulled ourselves away from the beauty and got ready for breakfast. Our strategy was to eat in the MDR for breakfast to avoid people rushing around at the buffet. We also wanted to avoid long lines to get off the boat. This strategy worked perfectly, and I was happy to experience breakfast in the MDR.

14220636257_afa6071155_b.jpg

IMG_5610 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14405953314_6dbf8b2ef1_b.jpg

IMG_5611 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We were seated right away, but it was crowded! FYI, lunch and breakfast are both served only on the 5th floor of the dining room. Our plan was a big breakfast with plenty of protein so that we could make it to our next meal on the boat. We knew food on the island would be expensive and we wanted to avoid that. I had a self-designed omelette of spinach, ham, and cheese with an English muffin, OJ, and coffee. Marc had the eggs Benedict. I enjoyed the fresh-squeezed juice on the Reflection, but when I tried to order on Summit, I was told it wasn’t available. I should have asked in the MDR, but didn’t think of it. The regular OJ was OK though. Back to the room to suit up and prepare for a day at the beach. Coming up, a guide to Horseshoe Beach.

Our new view for the next 2 ½ days meaning we parked port side facing the dockyard.

14402690104_a42fd29b9d_b.jpg

DSC_0504 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217197978_94934bdb92_b.jpgDSC_0497 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217152709_8ddf5fb25c_b.jpg

DSC_0506 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Well, Fodors didn’t use any photoshop on the water color. Looks like a perfect match.

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/122541874@N04/14217338157/]14217338157_2f9f526565_b.jpg[/url]

DSC_0514 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We pulled ourselves away from the beauty and got ready for breakfast. Our strategy was to eat in the MDR for breakfast to avoid people rushing around at the buffet. We also wanted to avoid long lines to get off the boat. This strategy worked perfectly, and I was happy to experience breakfast in the MDR.

14220636257_afa6071155_b.jpg

IMG_5610 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14405953314_6dbf8b2ef1_b.jpg

IMG_5611 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We were seated right away, but it was crowded! FYI, lunch and breakfast are both served only on the 5th floor of the dining room. Our plan was a big breakfast with plenty of protein so that we could make it to our next meal on the boat. We knew food on the island would be expensive and we wanted to avoid that. I had a self-designed omelette of spinach, ham, and cheese with an English muffin, OJ, and coffee. Marc had the eggs Benedict. I enjoyed the fresh-squeezed juice on the Reflection, but when I tried to order on Summit, I was told it wasn’t available. I should have asked in the MDR, but didn’t think of it. The regular OJ was OK though. Back to the room to suit up and prepare for a day at the beach. Coming up, a guide to Horseshoe Beach.

Those pictures look like you are facing Hamilton. If you were facing the dockyards it would be against the pier and there would be two tugs, The Faithful, and the Powerful. Plus you would see the a small cove instead of the large bay. There would also be the ferry dock , and the pier to the dockyards plus the tram.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Those pictures look like you are facing Hamilton. If you were facing the dockyards it would be against the pier and there would be two tugs, The Faithful, and the Powerful. Plus you would see the a small cove instead of the large bay. There would also be the ferry dock , and the pier to the dockyards plus the tram.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think you misunderstood me. Our cabin was on the Starboard side, so we were, as you said, facing Hamilton. I just thought it would be easier to say that port was actually port in this case. Sorry for the confusion.

A Simple Guide to Horseshoe Beach

We got off the boat easily as we waited until about 10:00. Essentials: We had a backpack with two Celebrity-provided beach towels, a ziploc of sunscreen, a smaller ziploc for our cash, driver’s lisences, and seapasses. We also took a giant bottle of water and pre-packaged granola snacks in case we needed a little something. I am not a fan of eating fast food at the beach and didn’t want to leave what food we would find at the beach to chance. On the boat itself, there were no lines to exit. Etiquette: I read about this in my guide book and it seemed to be true. Always greet locals with a “Good Morning”, etc., even people you see on the street passing by. It’s not like living in NYC where it’s acceptable not to make eye contact with random people on the street. In Bermuda, strangers will tell you “Good Morning” and it is considered rude not to smile and say it back. Also, officially swimsuits are not allowed on the busses. Of course, everyone breaks that rule, but make sure you have dry towel on which to sit if you are still at all wet. You will be asked to sit on a towel, so just make sure you have one out. Don’t stress your driver out. Last, make sure you have an acceptable cover up on top of your swimsuit.I had read it was a modest culture and from what I saw, it’s true. We had a quick security check of our backpack by Bermudian officials and then we were good to go. Courtesy Shuttle: As soon as you exit the dock structure checkpoint, you are under a covered pavilion. You can wait underneath that area for a courtesy shuttle that will take you over to the busses/ferries and shopping area. The shuttle is a long trolley and it's hard to miss. Note though that the shuttle picks up from just across the road. You may want to go ahead and cross when you see the shuttle in the distance. It’s just nice to be able to wait in the shade. We actually only took the shuttle once due to an unfortunate mishap, but I’ll get to that later. All of the transportation is an easy walk if you don’t have any mobility problems. Our first stop was for transportation passes which are located just to the right when you exit the security check. We waited in a less than five minute line and asked about the ticket booklets. They didn’t have those, but the official told us they could be obtained at the visitor center in Hamilton. Well, that would mean a ferry ride of $4.50 each just to get to Hamilton and then a bus ride to the beach. No thanks. We purchased two $25 transportation passes which are just so easy to use and we at least broke even with them if not a bit ahead. We continued on until we saw a very large color coded signs that gave clear instructions on where things were, however before I could fully even look at it, we were approached by a local who kindly pointed us towards a big pink bus with a line full of tourists in front of it. This was the express bus, he said, and it is the same cost as the regular “local” #7 bus you could take to get to the beach, it just gets there faster as it goes straight to the hot destinations. That sounded good to us. We joined the queue and didn’t wait long before a bus pulled up.

This photo was taken in line and gives you a good idea of 1. how far from the boat the busses are and 2. Where you can get a taxi.

14402659624_cf126c7a1c_b.jpgDSC_0519 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217154778_61cee74a38_b.jpgDSC_0517 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

The driver asked where we were headed and after telling her “Horseshoe” she said that’s where everyone else was going as well. There were a few people who headed to beaches on a bit down the road, the main thing is just to tell your driver where you’re going. They will take care of you, they are awesome but can’t read minds. The bus was filled to capacity with several people standing. It was a beautiful ride around 20-25 minutes. We were dropped right at the Horseshoe Bay Beach stop and were given instructions by the driver about where to go. Cross in front of the bus and follow the path down the hill to the water. It will be obvious which direction the water is if you’ve been looking out your window at all. The path curves downhill and is shady in the morning/early afternoon.

14217302657_b645536e53_b.jpgDSC_0531 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

There are white vans that will take you down/up for $2. This is NOT included in your transportation pass. It’s not a bad walk at all, notwithstanding mobility issues. The

path becomes sandy and you pass in front of the public restrooms. Then you will see the most beautiful beach ever.

14217099028_ed8a167569_b.jpgDSC_0540 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

If you get hungry/thirsty there was a person with a tent grilling jerked spiced chicken that smelled great when you first enter the beach. She was also selling beverages. I am not sure how much because we didn’t partake.

Wednesday, June 4th

Horseshoe Guide Continued

Now, with a beach this beautiful, why would you want your main view to be your neighbor’s umbrella (or worse!)? The crowded areas are not for us, but if you want a chair and umbrella, it’s your only choice. You might be allowed to move them, but I am really not sure. Here’s how to get some beach all to yourself: Look at the picture just below and look to the far left at the other end of the “horseshoe” where the rocks jut out into the sea. You need to walk all the way over there. Trust me, it will be worth it. You didn’t come to Bermuda to park it the first place that’s convenient, did you? If you did, you'd probably not have made it past Snorkel Park.

14217120520_0f01fdce7a_b.jpgDSC_0539 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Here we are on the way over to the rocks. Notice all of those umbrellas fading away into the distance. Ahhh.

14423878293_407dbafc5e_b.jpgDSC_0545 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14403706465_77a01a690b_b.jpgDSC_0550 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14217252267_18dd571108_b.jpgDSC_0554 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Now once you’re to the rocks, head around them via land and you will find one of several little coves. You can also walk/swim over and through the separation of the rocks like you see people doing above. We chose to set up just before the big rock but next time we go back we will continue into the coves more. Here’s the first cove below.

14403693315_9b6aa53208_b.jpgDSC_0557 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14219771570_c5d553ec07_b.jpgDSC_0600 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Wednesday, June 4th

Exploring the Coves at Horseshoe Bay Beach

There are three or four more little cove areas and they are more private as you keep going.

Here’s the first cove again with a view back to the main beach. Note that the sand gets more pink when there are more rocks on the shore and in the less trafficked areas.

14400295431_200d3f5664_b.jpgDSC_0570 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14403521405_86d14e2d37_b.jpgDSC_0630 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14400160621_17eb42b5d6_b.jpgDSC_0628 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

The water was pretty cold, but fine once you were in. We had perfect weather, a high of 85, but it never felt humid and there was a constant sea breeze. Much more pleasant that an 85 in Georgia!

14217022147_ac5f1c321c_b.jpgDSC_0653 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14400090201_61e620761f_b.jpgDSC_0660 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14216789989_441b59e373_b.jpgDSC_0667 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Wednesday, June 4th

Horseshoe Guide Continued

Getting Back to the boat

We spotted a huge fish swimming close to the rocks. Marc ventured in for the shot.

14402048692_89e7475f93_b.jpgDSC_0689 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14216943807_87b21f7ce7_b.jpgDSC_0691 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14216759258_d482988efb_b.jpgDSC_0693 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Here is where we hung out. Just before the big rock. I love how you can really see the characteristic shape of the beach here. We also had a really nice long swim and some wave jumping with Jen and Ryan from Long Island. They were a very nice couple who were also on the Summit and we enjoyed hearing about their past cruising experiences.

14402537784_8afaa953f8_b.jpgDSC_0573 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

When you’re ready to head back, just follow the path back up the hill (or take the shuttle)

the bus stop is at the end of the path. Confirm with the driver that they are headed to the dockyard and you should be good to go. The bus will drop you in the same area you were picked up.

I am really loving this!!! We were with you on this cruise and it is really great seeing our cruise through your eyes! You are doing a wonderful job! We were at the cruise critic meeting and on the crawl--we were the inside room where the bed wasn't made yet!! But I gave out chocolate! LOL We definitely saw you guys around the ship and did a little wave or nod but I guess we never got to talk again. I think I remember you guys looking a little queasy in the solarium on that rainy day.

In fact I am in your picture of that incredible deck 7 family veranda.

We had a wonderful time and I am agreeing with everything you are reporting. Although we had better luck with the select dining. We really never waited at all--table for two but we pretty much tried to eat after 8:15 every night. Yes we liked the rail better also. They always brought us to the right side (walking in so I guess it really was the port side) of the dining room and we had Gedde for a waiter--Excellent!

Really looking forward to more!!

Thank you

Here I am in your picture:

Edited by mamagina

We were on the same cruise and agree with all you have posted except we didn't have to wait long for tables for two in Select. We stopped by most days around five and made a reservation for as close to 7:30 as they had. Gabriel the hostess did a great job. You mentioned that a certain rum was listed by Celebrity on this site as included in the Premium package but was not available on board. We had the same experience with the Irish whiskey listed. The F&B manager told us it was not on his list but he did manage to find a bottle somewhere and by the 5th night we had some. All in all a very good cruise and excellent crew.

I am really loving this!!! We were with you on this cruise and it is really great seeing our cruise through your eyes! You are doing a wonderful job! We were at the cruise critic meeting and on the crawl--we were the inside room where the bed wasn't made yet!! But I gave out chocolate! LOL We definitely saw you guys around the ship and did a little wave or nod but I guess we never got to talk again. I think I remember you guys looking a little queasy in the solarium on that rainy day.

In fact I am in your picture of that incredible deck 7 family veranda.

We had a wonderful time and I am agreeing with everything you are reporting. Although we had better luck with the select dining. We really never waited at all--table for two but we pretty much tried to eat after 8:15 every night. Yes we liked the rail better also. They always brought us to the right side (walking in so I guess it really was the port side) of the dining room and we had Gedde for a waiter--Excellent!

Really looking forward to more!!

Thank you

Here I am in your picture:

Hi Mamagina! I definitely remember you and appreciate your kind words and encouragement! I'm glad to hear you guys had a faster experience with select. We're already booked select for the next cruise so it didn't impact us too much. We'll try going later next time and doing more reservations. We never got to eat on the right side, we were always on the left. I wonder if that's all chance?

We loved your chocolate, that was very nice :)

And we made it back to the beautiful Summit!

14402034472_3ceedd324f_b.jpgDSC_0696 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We headed straight for the pool grill for burgers and fries and then got ready to go into Hamilton for Harbor Nights, but not before double checking our daily for that night’s events.

14269364080_538d48bda9_b.jpg6-4 Front by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14269516647_5533cc67d2_b.jpg6-4 Middle by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14269351870_643831d884_b.jpg6-4 Schedule by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14269342580_74fa9fe947_b.jpg6-4 Back by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We stood in a very long ferry line and I was worried we wouldn’t all fit once the ferry was there, but we did. ***TIP: The ferries run on a schedule but in our experience, a pretty loose one. Be there early, but don’t expect the ferry to be there on time!

We took a 6:15ish ferry into Hamilton. It was a very pleasant ride over with more up-close views of the posh houses and sail boats.

14405921054_71cf87324b_b.jpgIMG_5630 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14220600747_06ffd51375_b.jpgIMG_5631 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14220418968_91b0895d41_b.jpgIMG_5638 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14216718859_e397c547c1_b.jpgDSC_0701 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14380219066_f6bd97d62a_b.jpgDSC_0709 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Wednesday, June 4th Contined

A visit to Par-La-Ville park

I won’t claim to be of much help when it comes to Hamilton. My main objective in going was just to wander around, find wireless, hit a few street vendors, and find Par-La-Ville Park and its famous moon gate - Bermuda’s oldest limestone moon gate. Moon gates are traditional fixtures in Chinese gardens and were transplanted to Bermuda in the late 19th century. They are so beautiful and I’m determined to build one, or have one built, in our garden. They are supposed to be good luck for young lovers who pass through them :-) You see them all over the island. We got off the ferry on Front St. and headed for Queen Street one block over, where the park was located. The park was very easy to find. Just a few paces up Queen. It was almost empty and those we did see seemed to be locals just hanging out with their families or enjoying a quiet book alone on a bench. It was a very peaceful and well-manicured park with a trellis loaded with lush flowers. There were many shady trees and this one tree we found most charming. There was no wireless we could access for free in the park, btw.

14220380429_6758830c0f_b.jpg

IMG_5640 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

It smelled wonderful

14220374349_4af6c0661c_b.jpg

IMG_5643 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14383889366_86b82b0f45_b.jpg

IMG_5644 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14403657881_bed0552125_b.jpg

IMG_5645 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14401988272_1c5749f8b6_b.jpg

DSC_0716 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14427177003_a4e55c4fb7_b.jpg

IMG_5654 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

Souvenir Shopping and Harbor Nights

One more of the pretty park. . .

14220352069_5486313bb4_b.jpg

IMG_5656 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

There was a souvenir shop just outside the main Queen street park entrance. Head back towards Front St. and it’s on the right past the Lemon Tree Cafe. They had great deals on t-shirts, around $9 for the sale shirts on the upper level. We got items for our families and then wandered around the streets of Hamilton. We circled around the park and got this picture of the Moon Gate viewed from street level.

14383865956_008541dac3_b.jpg

IMG_5658 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

If anyone is wondering what exactly Harbor Nights is, I hope these pictures explain. It was crowded but fun. Definitely worth doing in our opinions. We will go again next year and spend more time. The two hours was not enough to both explore the park/town and see enough vendors.

14220387790_0dd993c8b7_b.jpg

IMG_5663 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14216856057_b76194ae0d_b.jpg

DSC_0730 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14216621209_8c3bf7c5b4_b.jpg

DSC_0744 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14405668242_8f6ecbcab5_b.jpg

IMG_5665 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14220367988_867e6937f6_b.jpg

IMG_5669 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14406986345_c366d624ee_b.jpg

IMG_5672 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

There were some nice booths. We especially like Amber’s Rum Cakes and another lady that makes silver jewelry featuring the pink sand. The jewelry person also has a booth at the craft market at the Dockyard if you miss her on Wednesday night. We didn’t make it all the way to the end of the festival because we wanted to make the last dinner seating and needed to be on the 8:30 ferry. I never found free wifi, but if you are looking for public restrooms, they are just to the left when you exit the ferry. Go around the building where you disembark and they’re right there. The ferry line up in Hamilton was a bit chaotic. We happened to get in the good line and our ferry left first, but I think the ferry that left after us was faster because it got back to the dockyard at almost the same time.

14401915452_4139886c0a_b.jpg

DSC_0748 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14406971325_fd4e254b67_b.jpg

IMG_5680 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

If you look closely, you can see Gibbs Hill Lighthouse shining in the distance. It's to the left of the sail boat.

14403587691_d9170318f6_b.jpg

IMG_5688 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

14406952685_abed57438e_b.jpg

IMG_5690 by stancil.boehm, on Flickr

We rushed off the ferry and booked it back to the boat to quickly change for dinner in order to make the last seating (9:30). We were about 9:10 getting there so we got lucky. We requested a table by the railing and were not disappointed. I had chilled shrimp cocktail, butternut squash soup, and Marc had duck terrine and pasta soup. We both had the phyllo lamb and it was one of the best entrees I had on the boat. Chocolate cake for me for dessert, but it had nothing on the chocolate lava.

In hindsight, this would have been an excellent evening to eat at Bistro on 5 again, especially with their expanded entree options. We didn't like feeling rushed from Hamilton just to make dinner. Of course, there was lots of food at the festival, but we so enjoy eating on the ship!

We had been looking forward to going to the Sin City Comedy show as we had seen it on the Reflection and loved it. It started at 11:30 and is not appropriate for children or those offended easily. There was an opening comedian who was very funny and did a lot of jokes about cruising. The burlesque dancer was OK. The main comedian was funny and very different than the first guy. He did a lot of magic or spoofs of magic and rode a unicycle at the end. We hung around after the show because there was a DJ playing, but we were surprised to see the place totally cleared out. It was just me, Marc, the DJ, and Sheldon the bartender. We had a great time, but it would have been better if it had been lively This was made even more painful when we looked out the window at the Breakaway and could see the lights pulsing up on her top deck. That was the only time we felt the nightlife on X lacking and I know that changes from cruise to cruise. I guess we got lucky on the Reflection with that. We left around 1am and headed to bed.

Coming up next is our exploration of Church Bay.