Macho Beach transportation

We will be on the Explorer of the Seas on June 19th out of Bayone. I am wondering what is the best way to get to Macho Beach in St. Maarten? We are a family of 4, my wife and 2 teenagers.

We will be on the Explorer of the Seas on June 19th out of Bayone. I am wondering what is the best way to get to Macho Beach in St. Maarten? We are a family of 4, my wife and 2 teenagers.

Maho Beach.

Cab.

We took the water taxi from the port to the shopping district. $7 per person for all day use. From there we took a taxi to Maho Beach $15 per person round trip. I would talk to a taxi driver to to see if you can get a better rate. There are plenty of taxis waiting at Maho Beach to take you back. By taxi it is about a 20 minute drive. The planes start arriving by 11:00 there is a schedule at the bar. Best advise rent a lounge chair, otherwise the waves go to the road and will get everything you have wet. Also, don't stand by the fence when the planes take off, or you will get sand blasted badly.

How far is it from the cruise terminal? Is it worth the trip or is there a closer beach option?

It's about 20-30 minutes by taxi. There are closer beaches, but Maho is were the airplanes fly very low right over the beach.

Maho beach is an amazing must see IMO...however, the "beach" is not very beautiful. I suggest Orient beach if you want gorgeous water and relaxation!! You could definitely do both. An hour or so at Maho and then the rest of your time at Orient. We booked a tour with Bernard's Tours and they were AMAZING!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had to be talked into going my first time.......and I LOVED IT!

It is a fantastic place to go. Just know that you will NOT want

to leave......but you have to leave early due to traffic.

You are promised a FANTASTIC time! Get a pizza at the food truck next to the Royal Sonesta. It is yummy!

It depends on what you want to do.......if you want to go to Macho Beach/Orient Beach.....that is a beautiful beach that has "views" :eek:...... now if you want a so-so beach and watch airliners fly just above your head, I'd go to Maho Beach :):)

Suggest trying Mullet Bay. It's just north of Maho and very nice. Has food and drink options. Not too crowded. More so when large cats pull in and let pax off to snorkel. If you like some surf, it can be fun.

You can walk to Maho (not far) and catch a cab from there when you're done watching the planes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get off the boat walk to taxi rank they will put u in mini bus taxi with other folks sure was 8$ each took about 20 mins! Loads cabs waiting at maho beach to take you back to ship or we went back to the other beach near the port where you can see the ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maho beach is an amazing must see IMO...however, the "beach" is not very beautiful. I suggest Orient beach if you want gorgeous water and relaxation!! You could definitely do both. An hour or so at Maho and then the rest of your time at Orient. We booked a tour with Bernard's Tours and they were AMAZING!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another vote for Bernards Tour that will take you to both Orient and Maho Beach. We always have a great time taking their tours and love both beaches and a few others on the island.

If you just want to go to Maho Beach, there are plenty of taxis that will take you there and plenty of taxis to take you back to the pier or in town.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Carol, was it not you and a small group that found OMG on Macho/Orient Beach in 2009?:D

Rick

I forget who took the original photo - I think that it was Zu.

But here is a pic for you from that day:

CarolBernardBobbieandRUMPUNCH_zps1c1bd38c.jpg

RUM PUNCH!!!!!

RUM PUNCH!!!!!

Thanks for the memories!! Now back to the topic.......Macho Beach/Maho Beach.

Rick

RUM PUNCH!!!!!

Any well known CC members in the photo, or is it top secret?;)

Well, the one on the right that NEVER posts on CC, is my bride, and the one on the left........has more posts than you do!!:D

Rick

Ok, thanks Rick, now the one on the left can't sneak up on me at a Meet & Mingle.:D