Oriana Cabin 332 - looks aft on C Deck

dun123das

Not sure if it helps you but I was in aft cabin on A deck, only six cabins from the end of the ship. Yes there was some vibration but not enough to bother me, and the closeness to lifts, stairs, 'rear balcony' etc more than made up for it.

I wouldnt have liked to be in a fore cabin as the corridors seemed to get heavy traffic from people going to the pools and sun deck.

Thank you both for your replies, I appreciate your thoughts. I usually do opt for midships, but we got a fantastic deal on A Guaranteed basis, so I have no say on this occasion. The itinerary is just what we wanted to do, so we will see how we go on. Once again, thank you.

The benefits of an aft cabin would be that you have the lovely open decks just outside your door!!! for us that would outweigh any vibration (which would probably send you to sleep anyway)....we always hope for a cabin as far aft as possible.....the only problem I can think of is that there are chairs outside your window which are mainly used during the day, and there are notices asking people to be considerate of passengers behind the windows!!

Thanks Jenny, we were finding photos to see the configuration and noticed that there were chairs/sunbeds outside the window, but we may try to get on them on a few days if we have the weather for them. I'm hoping we are high enough to escape much of the vibration but we usually sleep quite well at sea, so it's fingers-crossed.

We did the whole world cruise in cabin C 338 on Oriana in 2012. We found it very convenient for the stern decks and swimming pool. It was handy for sail always and in the evening we got together with some of our neighbours for a pre- dinner drink.

There was some vibration which we understood to have been a problem with an engine or something technical! It was repaired and we had no further trouble. It certainly did not spoil what was a wonderful cruise. :):)