2 insides instead of balcony

Hope I've done the right thing. I've booked 2 interconnecting insides on allure for next summer instead of one balcony. We are travelling with our two boys and have only done balcony before. Price of two insides was over 1500 cheaper than one balcony.

We have done the same thing on several occasions on the Grandeur and we have saved big bucks and enjoyed the extra bathroom and the privacy. For our next cruise we booked a quad Panoramic Room on Deck 7. I think we are going to miss that extra bathroom.

I think you did the right thing. More space and two bathroom, plus a significant savings that can be spent on excursions, onboard expenses or even a future cruise. $1500 is huge, IMO!

We've done the same sometimes, and didn't regret it! You'll be out and about the ship more than if you had a balcony. We found it too hot and humid to really use the balcony in the Caribbean for much of the time anyway.

I did two outsides instead of 2 balconies for our next trip. I adore balcony cabins but the price difference was to huge to rationalize. I figure it'll get us out and and about more.

Make use of the balconies at the back of the ship, that over look the water show. They are huge and open to all. It won't be like having your own balcony, but the savings and a second room, are worth giving up the balcony this time.

My wife snores so loud, that I think I may give up a balcony for two interior rooms. It will cost much more but I can sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'd have done the same thing and booked the insides. Although I pretty much always book a balcony or above, the IDEA of the balcony is often more attractive than having the balcony actually is. At least for me. I tend to be sleeping in my room, or out and about. I probably use the balcony an hour a day on average. I know some people like to read there, have drinks, a nightcap. I THINK that sounds great but by the time I get back to the cabin, I'm ready to crash. So the extra price for a total of 7 hours use on a 1 week cruise… I don't even want to compute the hourly cost!! :eek:

We've done this. The extra bathroom, privacy, and price makes it much nicer for us. When I travel with my husband or another adult we like to have a balcony or suite.

Edited by Susie51

My wife snores so loud, that I think I may give up a balcony for two interior rooms. It will cost much more but I can sleep.

Stick your wife on the balcony !!!!!!!!

Job done :-)

I am going through this dilemma now. We have a junior suite book for my wife and 2 daughters. Was considering getting two large interior staterooms connected instead.

For us, it would depend on the age of the daughters. If they are teenagers, no way I'd want to share one bathroom.

When my family used to sail together, we either did two connecting inside rooms or my parents would get a balcony or Promenade and then my brother and I would get in inside. Although it would have been nice for my brother and I to have a balcony, I know the whole family enjoyed having more space as well as the two bathrooms for getting ready. Plus, when we were done getting ready, we just hung out in their room. And of course, it was usually a substantial cost savings. I think you made a wise choice!

Edited by DJan07

I've definitely decided on the two large interiors with interconnecting door. Price difference 1600! It's kinda crazy when u think about it. I guess it will be ok to put the two boys into one room and us in the other since they are interconnecting?

my wife snores so loud, that i think i may give up a balcony for two interior rooms. It will cost much more but i can sleep.

Sent from my iphone using forums mobile app

rotflol!!

I would say two rooms is better than one balcony. We are going on the Oasis in Jan with our adult boys and have decided on the interior balcony over Central Park. My husband and I had the balcony over the Boardwalk last cruise on Oasis and loved it! All other cruises, except when kids were young, have been outside balconies but the they are way to expensive on Oasis class ships. There is so much to do on these ships that we found there wasn't as much down time to enjoy the balcony anyways. We just got it since we are Diamond members and get the balcony discount.

I've definitely decided on the two large interiors with interconnecting door. Price difference 1600! It's kinda crazy when u think about it. I guess it will be ok to put the two boys into one room and us in the other since they are interconnecting?

Yes, you do NOT have to book one adult into each cabin. RCI's policy is that you can book your own minor children into their own cabin as long as it is next door to, or directly across from, your own cabin. The cabins don't even have to be connecting (but of course, for very young children, you would want connecting cabins)

Hope I've done the right thing. I've booked 2 interconnecting insides on allure for next summer instead of one balcony. We are travelling with our two boys and have only done balcony before. Price of two insides was over 1500 cheaper than one balcony.

Two bathrooms, and a significant savings in money sounds good to me.

Here is another solid endorsement of your choice, smush.

:)

We have done exactly the same on the FOS this Aug. looking forwards to the boys having their own bathroom. I do feel for their cabin attendant. One boy is very tidy. The other not so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the same for my August Allure cruise. Originally booked a 4 person oceanview balcony...watched prices and ended up switching to 2 connecting Central Park balconies for $100 more...keep watching prices and you might be able to change from 2 interior to 2 Central Park for a small price difference!