Scuba Cost Worth It?

10X

Princess just released their shore excursions for Bonaire. They're offering up a two-tank dive for $129, plus the $25 marine park fee. That's $154 for a two-tank dive. Is the diving in Bonaire really worth that much or would I be better off arranging a couple shore dives with a local shop?

My wife likes to snorkel, so does anyone know of any sites where we can do both?

10X,

I have been researching Diving and Snorkeling on Bonaire, DH dives and I snorkel also. We will be there in November on the Sea Princess and due to the arrival time and short hours, I have only found 2 operators that would take both divers and snorkeler on a 1 tank boat dive. They said they could take us over to Klien Bonaire. All the rest that I contacted would only do shore dives and you could snorkel on their house reefs.

Thanks for the heads up on the extra $25 Park fee, I must have missed that on the Princess excursions. I thought that was a good deal for $129 2 tank dive (thought that included the $25 park fee).

But you will still have to pay the park fee even with a private operator. I am not sure, but I think even snorkelers now have to pay a park fee $10 ? since April 2005.

Dive Inn Bonaire

I am still waiting for pricing.

Wannadive

They quoted $60 1 tank dive plus $25 park fee.

I hope this helps.

It's some of the best in the world and usually the cheapest. Contact Bruce Bowker at Dive Inn or Peter Hughes at Flamingo both close to the pier or even Capt. Don at Habitat. I am sure that they will arrnge to pick you up for a 2 tank dive. You can find them at Bonaire touism site.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Princess just released their shore excursions for Bonaire. They're offering up a two-tank dive for $129, plus the $25 marine park fee. That's $154 for a two-tank dive. Is the diving in Bonaire really worth that much or would I be better off arranging a couple shore dives with a local shop?

My wife likes to snorkel, so does anyone know of any sites where we can do both?

Not @ that price. Take a cab to the Dive-Inn or The Divi Flamingo. If you have little gear walk there. Diving is about $50 - $60 for a two tank boat dive plus the $25 marine park fee. You can shore dive from the beach @ both these places for alot less. It is an eaze entry and the reef if maybe 25 yards from shore.

We have a time share @ the Divi so any question email me.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the info. Divi has said they'll have someone available to do the orientation for us, plus we can dive right off their dock. They said snorkeling was good as well, so the non-divers in our group can come along too. It's about 1/3 the price of the ship's excursion. Thanks for the help.

Denny

• 1 month later...

You can WALK to these resorts from the dock--about 1/4 of a mile. And the diving right from the beaches at these resorts are amazing. Just make reservations in advance! We did an introductory dive at Dive In (two 50+ parents and 13 year old son). . . It ran about $80 per person (I think) for the intro and dive--worth every penny.

Archived