Majesty of the Seas 6/13/14 Sailing Review

Maybe I am unclear as to what you mean by 'it just lowered my expectation". Expectations occur before you cruise. Has the experience 'lowered your expectations for your next cruise'?

My expectations are high for every vacation cruise I take. If my expectations aren't met I take it up with someone at the time. I won't change my expectations for my current cruise or for the next cruise....I expect excellence all the time....just like in my job I strive to provide excellence all the time.

I am sure when I go on Majesty again, I will have a wonderful cruise and have excellent service.....sorry your recent experience did not give you that.

From my previous trips on the Majesty and on the mega ships the service we received on the Majesty was the best. We felt that even though the Majesty does not have all the "bells and whistles" as the mega ships it at least has the best service. However, it was not the case this time. I still want to sail on her at least one more time before she leaves RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Can you please let me know how you booked the off site parking?

Thanks in advance,

Looked them up online and called them on the way there. Did not make any prior reservation. They accepted cash or card when we pulled in to the lot. It was $27 for the 3 days. Look up safe cruise parking.

From my previous trips on the Majesty and on the mega ships the service we received on the Majesty was the best. We felt that even though the Majesty does not have all the "bells and whistles" as the mega ships it at least has the best service. However, it was not the case this time. I still want to sail on her at least one more time before she leaves RC.

I could be wrong but I'd guessed Majesty was flying under the radar and had happiest staff and service (and maybe other smaller ships, similar) and on the bigger ships maybe the pax/crew ratios had them more stressed. It could be that after all the big ships were out and sailing, there was something done to streamline standards across all ships.

I thought, over time, the food and dress code changed but Majesty sort of had old fashioned service. But I sailed 8 times on her over 1995-2010, so not recently. Could be they are expected to cover more tables, increase responsibilities, etc, nowadays and service has declined alone with cruise fares and food quality.

I could be wrong but I'd guessed Majesty was flying under the radar and had happiest staff and service (and maybe other smaller ships, similar) and on the bigger ships maybe the pax/crew ratios had them more stressed. It could be that after all the big ships were out and sailing, there was something done to streamline standards across all ships.

I thought, over time, the food and dress code changed but Majesty sort of had old fashioned service. But I sailed 8 times on her over 1995-2010, so not recently. Could be they are expected to cover more tables, increase responsibilities, etc, nowadays and service has declined alone with cruise fares and food quality.

I'm wondering if the crew is getting less with the automatic gratuities.

I'm not sure about the diamond events or drink discounts since I'm not diamond yet. However, I did see a sign once in one of the dining rooms that said it was closed for diamond members. Did not see any priority passes either.

OK, thanks! I handn't even heard of top tier event so I thought maybe it was a D+ and Pinnacle thing but googled and see it's sort of the opposite and more inclusive than DL.

That would be interesting if the location for Diamond event was a dining room, can't picture it.

I have always had good service on the ships whether it was Liberty or Majesty....on Majesty I was always made to feel 'more special' and I attributed that to the fact that the crew and staff had to make up for what the ship lacked in 'bells and whistles' as you put it. I have never been disappointed.

On this last cruise on Majesty, you had a few staff people who perhaps were unhappy to be on Her Majesty; even so they should not take it out on the cruisers in any way. Expect better for the next time you cruise Her Majesty. I know we plan on cruising her at least once more before she is retired.

I was told by the CD on our Thanksgiving cruise, that she won't be retired until the end of 2016 at least.

Our next cruise is Allure in a few weeks....and I hope the staff can live up to my expectations.....I have a high bar....and have always felt they met it. Let's see this time.