Carnival Vista to Charleston?

You're starting to sound more and more like me. ;)

You know what, I think you are correct.:) I guess it's finally sinking through. Please don't tell my better half, she says I never change my mind....:confused:

Now what was that financial advice you had told me about....;)

• 2 weeks later...

Funny that all the folks in/near Charleston want a newer ship than the Fantasy. My home port is Galveston with Triumph, Magic and soon to be Freedom and all I want is a Fantasy class ship back here. Of all my cruises, I love the fantasy class ships the best. Although I am anxious to check out the Vista....

• 1 month later...

Very unlikely that Vista will be in Charleston. But Charleston needs a newer bigger ship doin 7 night cruises. Would love to see Liberty, Dream or Pride to come here to Charleston. It may be more expensive to fly there but there is the demand already around Charleston to accommodate the bigger ship. SC, NC, GA, VA, TN these folks would drive for it. I'm hoping we get something better in Charleston soon!!

• 3 weeks later...

Love the 7 day cruises, but actually would love for Charleston to have a variety of schedules - like the idea of 3 or 4 day cruises as a last minute, weekend get-a-way. We are a ride down the coast away, but you are correct in airfare being costly here (not to mention the headaches from the anti-cruise people that fester to any expansion).

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see Vista in Charleston. But I would be shocked if it happen. I would really like to see a newer ship there. I don't live too far from Charleston. Its a whole lot cheaper to drive there than fly to Florida.

Edited by Ampman787

Love the 7 day cruises, but actually would love for Charleston to have a variety of schedules - like the idea of 3 or 4 day cruises as a last minute, weekend get-a-way. We are a ride down the coast away, but you are correct in airfare being costly here (not to mention the headaches from the anti-cruise people that fester to any expansion).

Starting May 2015 Carnival will be offering 4 day cruises out of Charleston to Nassau. It leaves on Thursday at Sea Friday Nassau Saturday at Sea Sunday and back to Charleston Monday morning.

Vista in Charleston with alternating 8 day/5 day cruises!!!! That would be Fantastic!

That will never happen. For one thing I doubt the harbor is deep enough and they will prob put it in Miami and move the Breeze. So you could hope for the Breeze. Dennis

That will never happen. For one thing I doubt the harbor is deep enough and they will prob put it in Miami and move the Breeze. So you could hope for the Breeze. Dennis

You are right it will never happen but doesn't hurt to wish lol. Charleston can handle bigger ships. It use to host the glory and triumph for seasonal cruises and recently had the splendor make a few stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be OK with Breeze coming here. :)

Now that I think about it none of those ships have a covered pool so I doubt that any will be that far north. I've seen pictures of the Pride sailing out of Baltimore with snow on the decks. All those will never sail Alaska or much further north than Jacksonville..Dennis

• 3 months later...