Montego Bay & Grand Cayman - Tender Ports?

Stacy_C

Maybe somebody else with more experience can chime in here, but I wouldn't use Grand Cayman's tendering as a reason to book FTTF. I'm not trying to disuade you from getting FTTF (I have it for my upcoming cruise), but in my experience Grand Cayman's tender process was stupid fast. It's a quick 2 minute ride from the ship to the shore, and so those tender boats manage to get passengers off the ship in a very quick timeframe.

Maybe somebody else with more experience can chime in here, but I wouldn't use Grand Cayman's tendering as a reason to book FTTF. I'm not trying to disuade you from getting FTTF (I have it for my upcoming cruise), but in my experience Grand Cayman's tender process was stupid fast. It's a quick 2 minute ride from the ship to the shore, and so those tender boats manage to get passengers off the ship in a very quick timeframe.

I think it depends on the ship and the staff. Some crew are stupidly efficient and others may bog down for no reason. I never got FTFF but I probably will on my next Carnival Cruise. For the price, I think it will probably be worth it.

Unfortunately, my next 3 are not Carnival.

I think it depends on the ship and the staff. Some crew are stupidly efficient and others may bog down for no reason. I never got FTFF but I probably will on my next Carnival Cruise. For the price, I think it will probably be worth it.

Unfortunately, my next 3 are not Carnival.

Ah, okay. Maybe I've just been lucky then. Been there once with Carnival and once with Royal Caribbean and each time it was incredibly efficient. I went ahead and booked FTTF for my upcoming cruise which stops in Belize, and I've never tendered there before.

Ah, okay. Maybe I've just been lucky then. Been there once with Carnival and once with Royal Caribbean and each time it was incredibly efficient. I went ahead and booked FTTF for my upcoming cruise which stops in Belize, and I've never tendered there before.

Hi Ryan. Belize is tendered also? Mmmm. Maybe I will go for the Fttf also

Hi Ryan. Belize is tendered also? Mmmm. Maybe I will go for the Fttf also

Indeed, and much, MUCH further out than Grand Cayman. I think I recall somebody on these boards saying it was a few miles out? 20 to 30 minute tender ride from what I hear.

Indeed, and much, MUCH further out than Grand Cayman. I think I recall somebody on these boards saying it was a few miles out? 20 to 30 minute tender ride from what I hear.

Thanks for the info. Now I definitely will get it.

Edited by champagne123
Ddd